Question about 2001 Mercury Sable

2 Answers

Looking for hose that goes from reservoir to engine, is it only a dealer part and what is it called

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 518 Answers

The hose that goes from reevoir to waterpump is the lower radiator hose. The hose that goes from radiator to thermostat is the upper radiator hose.

Posted on Aug 25, 2010

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Mercury Master
  • 2,100 Answers

Your overflow reservoir is available on ebay, but if all you need is the hose, just buy a piece of hose, it is nothing special, probably why it isn't listed as a part, just like an O-ring, they are shelf items, match up the hose diameter and the length, clamp it on, you should be all set. Hope this helps.

Posted on Aug 25, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Wher can I find the clutch reservoir in a 1996 Toyota hiace 2.8D ?

if it is not on the master cylinder look for a hose that goes to the brake master cylinder reservoir as many vehicle now use a common reservoir
if not look fro a hose from the top of the clutch master cylinder and follow it till you get to the reservoir

Nov 15, 2015 | Toyota Cars & Trucks


Checking and replacing power steering fluid

1. Open the hood of the vehicle.

2. Look for the power steering fluid reservoir.

3. Raise the reservoir and disconnect the hose that goes to the oil cooler.

4. Connect a hose of suitable diameter to the disconnected hose that goes to the oil cooler and put the hose end in the fluid jar.( be careful not to spill the fluid on the painted area of the body. Wipe off spilled fluid at once.)

5. Start engine and let it run at idle. Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock position several times. When fluid stop running out from the hose, shut off the engine. Discard fluid that was drained from the reservoir.

6. Re-fit the return hose to the reservoir.

7. Fill the reservoir to the level mark.

Note: Use only fluid that is recommended by the manufacturer.

8, Start engine and run it at fast idle. Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock position several times in order to bleed air that is present inside the system.

9. Recheck the fluid level. Add some if necessary.

Note: Do not fill the reservoir beyond the upper limit

on May 14, 2010 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where does the vacuum hose go from the ball under the hood?

First off need to know what make , model and year vehicle ? Plus what engine it has ? I'am assuming the ball is a vacuum reservoir tank !
Does it look like this ?
47077 DORMAN 47077 Vacuum Reservoir

May 30, 2017 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

I need to replace the hose from the windshield washer fluid reservoir to I don't know where. I don't know where it goes from there. A diagram of the hoses would be helpful.

The pipe should run from the washer jets along the back edge of the bonnet then through via the hinge inot the engine compartment.

Dec 23, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Engine overheat purge tub?

yeah you are right it is for that only but it is used for the over spilling of coolant. It is called overflow hose. Let me know if you need any detail explanation on this. .

Increase Engine Horsepower

Jun 05, 2012 | 1997 Mercury Sable

1 Answer

I am losing coolant on my car and I see that the coolant from the reservoir is leaking from a little black rubber hose that"s connected to the firewall.

The black rubber hose may be bad and needs replaced. This hose should connect to the radiator at the radiator cap and run along the firewall to the coolant reservoir. Also the coolant reservoir might be cracked and leaking on to the rubber hose, if this is the cause just replace the coolant reservoir which may be a dealer only item, check at you local auto parts store and they will tell you if it is a dealer only item. If you have to replace the coolant reservoir, make sure the car has not been run and the coolant at the radiator is cool, cause when the engine is hot the hot coolant runs into the coolant reservoir till it cools and returns to the radiator when engine is turned off and cools.

Sep 06, 2011 | 1995 Chevrolet Impala

1 Answer

Coolant leak coming from the center of the car, under the engine

Looks like bypass hose or engine coolant plug just got leak! look at ur coolant reservoir, it might overflowing when ur engine heats up and its dripping towards the engine! Look and search all the hoses in the side of the engine and reservoir! If its the bypass hose, there will be a difficulty in removing and replacing it, but u could fix it! taah!

Nov 12, 2010 | 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

3 Answers

Losing coolant from the reservoir but cannot see any coolant leaking on drive. Fill reservior to MAX and within ~10miles, reservoir is drained. Refill while engine still hot and don't lose nearly as much...

my '01 Jetta had a similar problem. I could always smell coolant and the bottle was always low. I crawled under the car and there it was..a caked on mess of pink antifreeze. There is a plastic intersection 3 way valve where the coolant temp sensor resides. it has 2 bolts and a rubber o-ring. Because it is plastic, it cracks. it drips down onto areas which are really not visible from above and then sizzles and melts onto areas under the engine. The part was only about $25, took 30 min to install and my problem is now fixed. Air was getting into the system through the small crack in the valve further complicating the system operation.

Nov 09, 2010 | 2006 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Answer

Location of windshield washer pump

I have yet to see the car made after 1980 which does not have that pump built into the bottom of the reservoir. i am sure that car is out there, nonetheless and audi may well be that car. in case i am wrong take a look at the bottom of the washer reservoir and see if there aren't two wires plugged in and a hose coming out. if that is where it is, the next step is to jumper the battery directly to the plugs to make sure the pump is not working. if the pump works your problem is elsewhere, like the switch. if the pump does not work call a dealer and ask them if it can be replaced without buying a whole new reservoir assembly. if the pump is not inside the reservoir then just follow the hose, it has to find the pump eventually.

Oct 17, 2010 | 1996 Audi A6

2 Answers

Leakage of Power Steering

Check your wheel bearing. Make sure all is tight and ok

Feb 07, 2009 | 1995 Ford Aerostar

Not finding what you are looking for?
2001 Mercury Sable Logo

Related Topics:

62 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mercury Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5675 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Are you a Mercury Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides