Question about 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
TO FIND THE CODE FOR THAT RADIO, YOU MUST CONTACT THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE RADIO OR IT WILL NEVER WORK. FOR INSTANCE, IF IT CAME OUT OF A 2000 BEETLE, YOU MUST HAVE THE COMPLETE VIN NUMBER, YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL TO GET THE CODE FROM THE VW DEALER. IF YOU CALL THEM, THEY MAY GIVE YOU THE CODE YOU NEED. I HOPE THIS HELPS. THANKS FOR USING FIX-YA AND FOR AN HONEST RATING. BEST OF LUCK
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for your VW radio from the car manufacturer! For VW radio the sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
SOURCE: I have a 2006 jetta
i doubt if the radio will need a code as its stock but aftermarket so if it does have a code this will come with the radio ,the code for your radio will not work in the new one .that i can tell you with confirmation
Posted on Sep 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Dec 31, 2010 | Volkswagen Jetta Cars & Trucks
Dec 31, 2010 | 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Sep 16, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Jun 14, 2009 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 12, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
Mar 09, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Feb 07, 2009 | 1990 Volkswagen Jetta
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: