Question about Ford Fusion
Assuming you have electric mirrors on Ford's:
1) Carefully prise out the round mirror control panel from its housing and disconnect the wiring.
2) Pull off the housing itself (note that the clip nearest the front of the car pulls out towards the seat and the two at the back pull off towards the rear of the car).
3) Disconnect the mirror cable and carefully prise the fixed connector off the door.
3) Unscrew the six screws around the outside of the door card (two at the front, two along the bottom and two at the back).
4) Carefully prise out the circular cover behind the door opener and remove the screw beneath.
5) Carefully prise out the insert in the door handle (this can be difficult) and remove the two screws beneath.
6) Pull the door card away from the door and carefully pull off the foam around the mirror area.
7) Hidden under the foam and sealing tape is a hole that allows you to undo the single 10mm bolt that holds the mirror on - but before removing the mirror prise out the cable grommet and pull the mirror cable out (the grommet is split to allow this). Be very careful not to drop the bolt into the space between the door skins as you remove it and be sure to support the mirror too!!
8) Once you have bolted the new mirror on, be sure to re-fit the foam and position cables etc as you found them.
9) As they say - refitting is the reverse of removal!!
Posted on Aug 25, 2010
Need model and the year
Posted on Aug 24, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2013 | Jeep Cherokee Cars & Trucks
Feb 11, 2011 | 2005 Hyundai Tucson
Jul 25, 2010 | 2006 Ford F-150
May 16, 2010 | 1991 GMC Sonoma
Mar 26, 2010 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Oct 14, 2009 | 2001 Volkswagen Beetle
Jul 30, 2009 | 2004 Volvo V70
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 Nissan Altima
Mar 29, 2009 | 1987 Chevrolet G30
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: