This answer is coutesy of expert ZL Limited
- Acceleration Position Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
The acceleration position (AP) sensor circuit provides a voltage signal relative to acceleration pedal angle. The acceleration pedal angle (AP1) will vary about 13% at idle position to about 87% at wide open throttle (WOT). This code detects a continuous short to ground or high in either the circuit or the sensor.
Conditions for setting the DTC:
* The Ignition is "ON".
* The acceleration pedal angle is less than 2.5% or more than 97% for 12 counts within 500 test samples (15.6 m sec ).
Action Taken When the DTC Sets:
* The PCM will store condition which were present when the DTC was set as Freeze Frame and in the Failure Records data.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC:
* The PCM will turn the MIL "OFF" on the third consecutive trip cycle during which the diagnostic has been run and the fault condition is no longer present.
* A history DTC P1275 will clear after 40 consecutive trip cycle during which the warm up cycles have occurred without a fault.
* DTC P1275 can be cleared using the Tech 2 "Clear Info" function or by disconnecting the PCM battery feed.
An intermittent may be caused by the following:
* Poor connections.
* Mis routed harness.
* Rubbed through wire insulation.
* Broken wire inside the insulation.
Check for the following conditions:
* Poor connection at PCM-Inspect harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, and poor terminal to wire connection.
* Damaged harness-Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness appears to be OK, observe the APP sensor 1 display on the Tech 2 while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the sensor.
A change in the display will indicate the location of the fault. If DTC P1275 cannot be duplicated, the information included in the Failure Records data can be useful in determined vehicle mileage since the DTC was last set.
If it is determined that the DTC occurs intermittently, performing the DTC P1275 Diagnostic Chart may isolate the cause of the fault.
Referential sensor location.