Cruise control no working on 2001 f-150 4 x 4 5.4
Did you have the recall done ?
recall 05S28. Description: Speed Control Deactivation Switch.
Try the self test for the Cruise Control :
With the key off depress and hold the cruise control off button while turning the ignition to the run position,don't start the truck, the cruise light will flash once to let you know it is in self test.
Five additional flashes indicate a bad cruise control servo
Release the cruise off switch and within 5 seconds depress the other switches in sequence:
4. set/ accel
The speed control light will flash as each switch is depressed.
If the last one does not flash it may then flash a code
After this the cruise will move the throttle to test the actuator and the cable.
Make sure the throttle returns to idle and turn the key off.
This test is a key on engine off (KOEO) test only that is conducted in park only with emergency brake fully engaged.
1. Enter self-test diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the ON switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
- 2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).
- 3 flashes - deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
- 4 flashes - vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective
4. Immediately (.25 second delay) after the static test, the speed control servo does a dynamic test by automatically actuating the throttle lever from 8 mm (0.315 in) to 12 mm (0.472 in) of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of the speed control cable and correct connection of speed control cable to throttle lever. Make sure the throttle returns to the idle position.
5. Return the ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to the Symptom Chart.
Oct 15, 2010 |
2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew