Question about 2000 Ford Taurus

2 Answers

The hose running from the oil cap to the air filter is busted. What is the hose and where can I go to get a replace it? How much will it cost? Can I replace it myself?

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,600 Answers

This is a dealer Item only or you might find one in the junk yard the hose is the positive crank case valve hose and it has one other operation on this car that I don't remember but it will cause the car to run poorly. Hope this helps write back if you need more help.

Posted on Aug 22, 2010

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 118 Answers

PCV inlet hose. You have several options for a replacement hose. This hose is really not critical, so you could use most any suitable hose with appropriate fittings. You could get one from a junk yard or perhaps from a Ford dealer, as well. The cost depends on whether the hose is used or new, and whether it is fabricated or an OEM hose.

Posted on Aug 22, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Is a subaru outback 2002 2.5 engine, hard to start cold and running rough under acceleration stall when push accelerator pedal and sometin]mes die no power. codes P0171 and P0130

Check the following items:
1. good clean air filter?
2. no leaks in the air filter box, cover closed properly?
3. connecting hoses attached to the air box properly?
4. pcv valve working correctly?

1. Change the air filter if you don't recall the last time it was done. I record the mileage on filter with a permanent marker. Put it in a location where its visible with the air box opens. Change the air filter every 2 years or 30000 miles which ever occurs first.

2. Ensure that the two parts are aligned properly and that all the clamps and hoses all fit correctly. A good way to find vacuum leaks is to use vaseline on the ends of any poor fitting hoses. Do one at a time and you can isolate the problem hoses.

3.The two vent hoses that attach the valve covers to both sides of the air box can become loose with age. Adding some screw clamps can solve a small leak. Replace the hoses if they are hard and dried out. Also inspect the throttle body connection part of the air box for loose clamps and fitment.

4.Pcv test is pretty simple. Start the engine, open the oil cap, then hold a piece of paper over the cap. If the pcv is working the engine vacuum should try to suck the paper in. If the vacuum is weak then clean or replace the pcv valve.

If the all the above checks are good then its time to replace the front oxygen sensor.


Dec 18, 2014 | 2002 Subaru Outback

1 Answer

Oil filter location

The oil filter on your 2004 sunfire is under the air intake hose. you take this hose off by loosening the two clamps that hold it onto the air filter housing and the air intake. Under that is a black cap with a large hex head on it, i believe 1.25 inch. that is the oil filter cap. take that off and pull the used oil filter off the bottom.

May 06, 2012 | 2004 Pontiac Sunfire

1 Answer

When my Altima has been running a while (on frwy) At about 60 -65 MPH The car feels like it jumps. Or wants to switch gears. Then when i come to a stop, such as a red light The car sounds and feels as if...

Sounds like your car needs a tune-up, specifically, the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve, and/of the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve.

Components checked/replaced during a tune-up are:
air filter
motor oil
motor oil filter
breather filter
fuel filter(s)
fuel strainer
PCV valve
EGR valve
spark plugs
spark plug wires
ECM or distributor cap & rotor
cabin air filter
transmission oil filter
transmission oil
engine coolant
check all vacuum hoses and lines

Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Nissan Altima

3 Answers

What is needed for a tune up?

Thanks for choosing FixYa and welcome. For a tune up, you would need to change spark plugs, coils, distributor cap, coil pack, and wires. You would change the air filter and the fuel filter also. Change your pcv valve as well. You can also change all your fluids and filters, such as oil, coolant fluid, and transmission fluid.

Apr 25, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

4 Answers

I have a 2000 chevy s 10 with 152,000 miles on it what does a tune up consist of

I would change the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, fuel filter, check and change air filter if dirty, check timing, check and top off all fluids, check or change transmission fluid, check brake pads/.shoes and drums/rotors for wear and check tire pressure, check the condition of all belts and hoses and replace as needed, check condition of radiator antifreeze and top off or replace as needed.

Jun 10, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet S-10

1 Answer

We have replace the water pump, thermostat, sensor,replace cap for radiator coolant,and replace the radiator.The car keeps running hot.

Oil level and correct grade of oil? Oil filter? Rent a temp gun from an auto store and check for actual temp. If it is running hot you still have a leak, like on a hose or the reservoir or maybe you didnt get all the air bubbles out. Also thermostats can come bad, replace again.

May 10, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

Oil filter is busted and too tight cant remove how can I remove

jam a screwdriver in the side and turn it loose. Otherwise use a rubber oil filter wrench/jar cap opener.
Never tighten more than hand tight when replacing with new one.

Jul 10, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Caravan

2 Answers

Oil in carburator in a 4 cylinder motor

Check pcv valve and vacuum hose to make sure they are working. Chances are that you have a broken or worn ring, or worn engine bearings. (excessive blowby) In which case there's not much short of rebuild or replacement of engine that will cure problem. You could remove the hose that is bringing the oil into the air intake off the air cleaner and route a longer hose into a can or something temporarily but it's not a cure.

May 07, 2009 | 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

1 Answer

Oil in air filter

the part that connects to the top of the oil housing i believe would be the pvc valve... take it off and shake it... does it rattle ... if not replace it.


Jan 17, 2009 | 1998 Ford Taurus

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Ford Taurus Logo

Related Topics:

97 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5655 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides