Question about 1999 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Im not sure what its called but it looks like a valve cap with a metal stem in the middle of it popped off and coolant is being thrown out of it causing it to over do i fix it?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

  • Master
  • 449 Answers

Sounds lik you need to replace your radiator cap and find out whats causing the pressure problem in you coolant system

Posted on Aug 20, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to bleed coolant system, 04 dodge stratus 2.4l sohc?

Get a Haynes manuel or a Chilton and read. Usually you allow the vehicle to heat up until the coolant system activates the thermostat and flushes fluid from radiator into motor and motor coolant into radiator for cooling. Like most newer vehicles you will have a coolant retainer with a cap, remove cap and add coolant to its max line allow the engine to continue flushing inbetween with a work glove on squese upper coolant main hose, feel for any air. If retainer is full and you feel no air the coolant system should be primed. In certain vehicles there will be a shrouder valve that looks like a stem to a bike tire with a cap on it. Usually located on the thermostat housing. Bleed air from circulating coolant system threw the shrouder valve. When no is escapes and fluid levels are at max your cooling system has been primed. Hope this helps best advice get a manuel... good luck

Sep 01, 2014 | 2004 Dodge Stratus

1 Answer

Car turns over but will not start

Follow the fuel line toward the intake.
Look for a cap/valve in that line.
remove cap and you should see a little needle valve very much like the tire valve stem.
With the ignition on, the fuel pump will pressure this line up.
If you press that little valve stem down, fuel will shoot out. (that means you are getting fuel)
*protect the area and your eyes for squirting fuel*
If you don't see fuel, you most likely have a bad pump.

If you do get fuel, You need to check for spark.

Pull a spark plug wire off the spark plug and get a long screwdriver....stick the tip of the screwdriver into the plug wire and make contact with the metal inside.

Carefully hold the handle of the screwdriver (not the metal) and hold any part of the metal of the screwdriver very close to some metal part on the engine. (about 1mm away)

Have someone try to start the engine and you will look for a small spark jumping between the metal of the engine and the metal of the screwdriver.

You can also hit youtube videos for "How to check for spark in your engine"

Hope this helps you narrow down the issue.

Mar 18, 2014 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

1 Answer

Fuel pressure regulator where is it located what does it look like

The ones that i have worked on was located on top of engine,and they looked like a valve stem on a tire except they stem off a long metal looking tube, should be on the fuel rail system. Look for a cap that looks like a valve stem cap close to fuel injector system, hope this helps you.

Sep 07, 2013 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

Siphoning gas

The fuel tanks have protective baffles in the fill stem and they block hoses from entering the tank.
There is an easy way to remove fuel. Two things you will need to do are Look up the fuel pump RELAY wiring in the Powerbox under the hood and buy a tire valve removal cap. Some tire stem caps made of metal have removal tools incorporated in the stem cap, inexpensive, Walmart or Kmart.
Why do you need a tire valve stem cap? To remove the stem valve in the fuel rail test port on the engine. Once this is removed you have an opening for fuel to come out. Remove the valve and slide a rubber hose over the stem and clamp it down. Around a 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch internal diameter hose, long enough to reach an empty gas can. Now you are ready to pump.
To pump, remove your fuel pump Relay. Look at your obtained diagrams of the Fuel pump relay Layout. Jump the 2 terminals. Maybe 27 and 34, Look for Yourself as Layouts differ. The fuel pump will pump when jumped.
I removed 17 gallons in about 15 Minutes with a blocked pump. Do this on a COLD engine. Outside, well ventilated. It works.
Suggest topics like-"Fuelpump Relay Bypass", "2000 Lincoln Town car Powerbox Layout". Or See Autozone Help section on Web after registering your car.
Tire stem caps will cost about $3 for 4 pack, fuel hose about $7 for enough. small clamp $?.

Jul 04, 2013 | 2000 Lincoln Town Car

2 Answers

How to change tyre valve stem core

Sometimes you can start turning them out (they unscrew) with a tiny flat blade screwdriver. Or you can go to a parts store and buy a small package of tire valve caps that have the two small prongs for removing valve cores. Walmart probably has them, too.

Jul 06, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 95 old cutlass ,I need to recharge the ac and cant find the vale to recharge it with ..

The valve will be on one of the metal lines coming off the compressor, it will look like a tire valve stem and it should have a cap on it. Good luck

Aug 18, 2011 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

1 Answer

There's a pinhole leak on a valve or a metal connector and I'm losing coolant. I don't know what the part is called. It's located in the middle behind the fan. It looks like a "t"...

This is a coolant tube that goes to the top of the water pump, it is called the upper water pump bypass tube, you will also need to purchase the rubber o-ring

When replacing, make sure you are doing a coolant flush, as old cooland will cause this type of corrosion and failure

good luck

Jun 24, 2011 | Ford Ranger Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Im getting no heat in my 1999 Pontiac Grand Am, I just replaced the lower and upper in take gaskets due to them leaking and the thermostat, I have bleed the system numerous times and I was told that I have...

Put your heater temperature control in the max position on(this opens the valve for coolant flow through the heater core). Top off the radiator and the coolant resevoir. Make sure the cap is on tight and bring the engine up to operating temperature. Shut off engine, allow to cool, and top off the radiator again. Repeat these steps until you are sure it will not take anymore coolant. Drive the car at speed for 5 or 10 miles and recheck again when cool. It takes awhile to work air out of the system with multiple openings of the thermostat.

Jan 04, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT

2 Answers

How much air do i need in my tires

the tire industry recommends 32-34 PSI in all 4 tires

Nov 12, 2009 | 1995 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Replacing oil water etc

The yellow cap wit coolant on it should be the fill cap, the take should also have low and full lines on it. Most places int the states you should do a 50/50 mixture of coolant to water.

May 03, 2009 | 1997 Nissan Maxima

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Dodge Intrepid Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

80407 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides