Question about 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Is the Recall done ? recall 05S28. Description: Speed Control Deactivation Switch.
You can try the speed control self test
This test is a key on engine off (KOEO) test only that is conducted in park only with emergency brake fully engaged.
1. Enter self-test diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the ON switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
- 2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).
- 3 flashes - deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
- 4 flashes - vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective
4. Immediately (.25 second delay) after the static test, the speed control servo does a dynamic test by automatically actuating the throttle lever from 8 mm (0.315 in) to 12 mm (0.472 in) of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of the speed control cable and correct connection of speed control cable to throttle lever. Make sure the throttle returns to the idle position.
5. Return the ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to the Symptom Chart.
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2014 | 1994 Honda Civic
Nov 03, 2013 | 1992 Honda Accord
Jul 13, 2011 | 1997 Volkswagen Golf
Nov 01, 2010 | 2002 Ford Expedition
The parking and tail lights are usually on the same fuse as the dash lights so if the outside lights are working it sounds like the instrument dimmer control has failed. The electronic bits inside the control for these lights sometimes go faulty. A temporary fix is to remove the wiring plug that attaches to the back of the dimmer control and put a jumper wire across the terminals. If dash lights then work then replace dimmer control.
Oct 21, 2010 | 2000 Toyota Corolla
Oct 04, 2009 | 1999 Buick LeSabre
May 05, 2009 | 1998 Buick LeSabre
Nov 29, 2008 | 2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: