Question about Buick LeSabre
The procedure is as follows:--
Working from the trunk:
1. locate the 2 retaining knobs (doohickeys that you fasten the trunk cargo net to) for the Hard plastic trunk liner near to and inside of the rear light assembly. Unscrew the knobs.
2. Pulling back the plastic liner, locate the 4 studs (threaded posts). 3 will be located vertically in a line, the fourth, outboard and lower. Using a 10mm wrench(small), remove 3 of the 4 nuts fastening the light assembly to the body. DO NOT remove the lowest nut of the 3 in a vertical line, as this does not fasten the light assembly. DON'T LOSE THE NUTS OR WASHERS.
Working from the rear of the car:
1. Hand pull the light assembly from the car body.
2. Remove bad lamp. Twist lamp socket and pull out of assembly. Pull lamp and replace with #3057.
1. Test light prior to reassembly.
2. Ensure Gasket material for assembly and studs is intact, this keeps water/dust out and dampens movement (prevents rattling and increases the life of lamp).
3. Use Reverse instruction for reassembly. -------------- The taillight/backup light/license plate light assembly is separate from the brake light/turn signal light assembly on the Buick LeSabre. No matter what rear bulb you have to replace, you must access the trunk area to do so. Open the trunk of the Buick LeSabre.Locate 7 nuts underneath the trunk lid (3 on each end of the trunk lid and 1 in the middle). Remove each one using a nut driver.Manipulate the trunk lid at chest level and gently pull the rear taillight assembly slightly away from the trunk lid.Locate the burned out bulb sockets and then remove the bulbs. Insert the new bulbs into the socket and test by turning on the lights before reassembling.Replace the tail light assembly by aligning the studs inside the predrilled holes in the trunk lid. Refasten the 7 nuts.Remove the cargo net if applicable to replace the brake and/or turn signal light.Unscrew the plastic wingnut that the cargo net is attached to. Pull back the trunk liner.Remove the 2 plastic wingnuts under the trunk liner.Pull the brake light assembly outward from the back of the LeSabre.Locate the socket of the burned out bulb and then turn counter clockwise 1/4-inch to release it from the assembly.Remove the old bulb from the socket and replace with a new one. Test the light before reassembling. Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2012 | 2006 Cadillac SRX
Jul 29, 2011 | Buick LaCrosse Cars & Trucks
Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
Remove the head lamp mounting bolts, then disconnect the lamp connectors.
Replace the head lamp bulb(A), position bulb(B) and turn signal bulbs(C).
Head lamp bulb(A), position bulb(B) and turn signal bulbs(C)
To install, reverse removal procedure.
Dec 12, 2010 | 2005 Hyundai Tucson
Jun 25, 2010 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Dec 31, 2009 | 2000 Ford Excursion
Nov 03, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Tracker
Jul 24, 2009 | 1992 GMC Sonoma
Jun 11, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Xterra
458 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!