Question about 1988 Ford Econoline

1 Answer

I recently purchased a 88 Ford Econoline F250 351w. The dip stick tube isn't the correct one and the dip stick isn't either where can the items be purchased?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,841 Answers

A salvage yard is a good source or your local Ford dealer.

Posted on Aug 07, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a 2005 cavalier 4 cylinder. Can i remove the oil dipstick tube to clean out a blockage? How is it held in place?

the dip stick tube is a straight tube that guides the dip stick down to the oil
unless it is severely bent, it will not be blocked
question are you referring to the correct item

Feb 17, 2018 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

88' ford econoline transmission dipstick tube is leaking. How do i tighten or replace this tube?

The dipstick tube should have an o-ring near the bottom where it goes into the transmission case. Once you remove the bolt holding the bracket for the tube you should be able to pull the tube up and out. You should then have access to the o-ring.

Oct 22, 2013 | 1988 Ford Econoline

1 Answer

Transmission is leaking after replacing the orginal with a used in a 88 crown vic how can i fix it and whats wrong with it?

the only places it can leak are the front and rear seals,The dip stick tube has an Oring or rubber boot on it, the pan gasket, And the over flow /breather tube on top of the transmission. If it's coming from the top then it is over filled. Most bad /excessive leaks come from the dip stick tube, damaged the Oring or forgot the rubber boot.

Feb 28, 2011 | 1988 Ford Crown Victoria

2 Answers

How do you remove broken oil dipstick from a 1999 ford escort?

The dip stick tube is pressed into the engine block. Put a bolt into the top of the tube so that the body of the bolt goes into the tube and the bolt head rests on the tube (so it does not fall down the tube). Use a wrench (such as a Vise grip) to hold onto the tube at the bolt and gently work it back and forth, being sure not to deform the tube. Remove the tube and old dip stick. Replace the tube by forcing it back into the eng. block. Replace the dip stick - done :)! Some dip stick tubes have a gasket at the engine - others just **** up to a shoulder that is built into the tube. Let me know if this works. Thanks.

Dec 19, 2010 | 1999 Ford Escort

1 Answer

Where do you add the engine oil?


Your Oil Filler Tube And Dip Stick are under your Hood,You'll see a metal Tube around 1 1/2 " diameter,With a Cap.

Hope you find it.

Thanks From: d_hubbs

Oct 05, 2010 | 1993 Ford Econoline

2 Answers

Where is transmission dip stick

should be behind air filter assembly.

Sep 07, 2010 | 1993 Ford Econoline

4 Answers

Oil dip stick handle for Ford Focus ZX3 broke off. Rest of the dip stick still in the tube. How do I retrieve the remaining portion of the oil pan dip stick?

Drill small hole in what's left inside the tube - insert bolt extractor - pull out dip stick. Material is relatively soft so drilling is easy. Buy new dip stick.

Feb 12, 2010 | 2003 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Where to add tranmission fluid


Feb 02, 2010 | 1988 Ford Econoline

1 Answer

I purchased an engine without a tube or dip stick, and do not know what I should purchase, and where these will fit into the engine? I need to know where the oil dip stick and tube are located on the...

the dipstick and tube go to the sump it is at the very bottom of the engine block should be a large smooth pan looking thing that covers the bottom of the engine, dont know where you can purchase these things but go to a place that sells car parts and put an order in for the parts with your engine make and model number

May 11, 2009 | 1966 Ford Mustang

1 Answer

Broken Dip Stick

Most dipstick tubes are a "press fit" into the engine block, and can usually be removed without pulling the engine (if you can get to it).

However, it may be broken off too short, or the mechanic simply cannot reach it with the engine in the car.

Personally, I would get a second opinion before you pay all that money to get a $10 dipstick tube to be replaced.

Try the local Ford dealer. Most of the time, a seasoned dealer mechanic knows "tricks" to do different things.

Jun 23, 2008 | 1995 Ford Mustang

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

86 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

81400 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22359 Answers

gerry bissi

Level 3 Expert

4376 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides