Question about 2000 Mazda Protege
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: replace an oil pan and casket
ok its a front wheel drive so it will have to be put on a hoist or on 4 car jack stands to get it level
then underneith the engine there is the pan there will be a bolt if there is no bolt there will be at least 12 nuts undo all them and put on the ground slowly untill all the oil is out then drain
then remove old gasket with a scraper untill none is visable
no gasket glue is required
put all back to geather tightin bolts but not to the max fill with oil then run car till its hot then let it cool and retightin bolts again
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
SOURCE: 2000 Mazda Protege replace belts
Tightening the alternator and the power steering belts on a Mazda is not too hard, but if you need to tighten them, you probably need to replace them too.
I recommend you go to an auto parts store and buy a third party repair manual for the 200 Mazda Protege. ~$15.00.
It covers changing/tightening belts pretty well.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
The water pump is driven by the timing belt, which is on the passenger side of your engine. You would need to remvoe all belts, and then the timing belt cover, and the timing belt to change your water pump.
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
Testimonial: "thank you."
1.u need to jack the car up so u can take the passenger tire off. align the crank timing mark to top dead center with the front timing belt cover.
2. u need to loosen the crank bolt with am impact wrench, or secure the flywheel and lossen the crank bolt
.3. u need a 10mm short 1/4 inch socket/or wrench inch to loosen the (4) water pump nuts.
4. i now recommend u loosen the alternator, u do not need to remove it.
5. if u have air-conditioning..i suggest u leave it on. remove the belt
6. powersteering can be loosened as well,
7. once u remove the crank pulley..u can take the 10 mm blots out of the timing belt/water pump covers.u will also need to support the engine(under the oli pan is ok) and remove the upper passenger side motor mount.
8. u will now see the timing belt. u need to remove it by loosening the tension pulley (14 mmm bolt) .u should make sure the crank is tdc. but u just need to make sure that when u re-install the new timing belt(whichu better do when u do a water pump)...,make sure the exhaust and intake cam shaft pulleys are aligned.(exhaust pulley is front side of car, intake is rear.)(e-for exhaust,i -for intake....they're aligned at center of each other (center of engine)now i must take a pee,brb in a minute. remove timing belt now
9. remove (5) 12 mm bolts from water pump. clean surface.
10. re-install in complete reverse order.i do recommend u use a black rtv gasket sealer on ur water pump gasket.(screw manufacturers statements on this use).
tart with taking your two belts off, remove motor mount, remove power steering pump, crank pulley,next remove timing belt covers along with tensioners. Remove valve cover. timing belt tensioner, now you have access to the water pump. remember your timing marks before you remove. When installing timing belt hold camshaffts with vise grips to align. installation opposite of removal.
see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_QfsWd379A
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
SOURCE: replace fuel filter
Hello. here is a link that gives the step-by-step instructions on how to replace the fuel filter in most mazdas http://www.ehow.com/how_6113950_replace-filter-1998-mazda-protege.html
Posted on May 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2015 | 2000 Mazda Protege
Jan 18, 2015 | 2000 Mazda Protege
Jan 04, 2011 | 2000 Mazda Protege
May 03, 2010 | 2000 Mazda Protege
Jan 29, 2010 | 2000 Mazda Protege
Dec 02, 2009 | 1992 Mazda Protege
Nov 28, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Jun 28, 2009 | 2000 Mazda Protege
Apr 01, 2009 | 1995 Mazda Protege
Jul 11, 2016 | 2000 Mazda Protege
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: