Question about 2003 Ford F350 Super Duty DRW SuperCab
VERY EASY TASK , DISSCONNECT BATTERY, REMOVE THE 3 BOLTS ATTACHING THE STARTER TO THE ENGINE , REMOVE THE SMALL S WIRE FIRST THEN REMOVE THE LARGE RED WIRE . REINSTALL IN REVERSE ORDER ..
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the battery is disconnected, the bolts are out, wires are disconnected from the starter then just wiggle and pull the starter at the same time and it will come out.
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
Removal & Installation 1. Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables.
2. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
3. Remove the starter terminal cover.
4. Remove the terminal nut and separate the battery starter cable from the starter motor.
5. Disconnect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
ø To disconnect the hard-shell connector from the solenoid (S) terminal, grasp the plastic shell and pull off; do not pull on the wire. Pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and (S) terminal.
6. Remove the starter motor retaining bolts.
7. Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.
8. Place the starter motor in position and install the starter motor retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
9. Install the battery starter cable and a terminal nut to the starter motor. Tighten the terminal nuts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
10. Connect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
11. Install the starter solenoid safety cap. If equipped.
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Connect the positive and negative battery cables.
14. Start the engine several times to check starter motor operation
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2016 | 2003 Suzuki XL-7
Jun 01, 2014 | 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
Jul 29, 2010 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Apr 07, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
Mar 20, 2010 | 2003 Honda Accord
Dec 31, 2009 | 2003 Ford Windstar
Aug 08, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
Nov 22, 2008 | 2003 Ford Taurus
552 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: