Question about 2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II
If you are planning on replacing plug wires on a Discovery this solution will help. This task requires minimal tools, with fair to moderate mechanical skills. I'm not going to do a step by step instruction, but just point out some things to be aware of.
1) Coolant pipe in to manifold must be removed. It has a small o-ring you may want to replace . Removal caused minimal coolant loss.
2) You may have to loosen th 8mm bolts at the lower portion of the coil bracket and let it lean towards the firewall, this will allow for easier installation of the air plenum.
3) The black bracket which sits on top of the coil bracket and holds the secondary air pipe can be assembled onto the secondary air pipe loosely prior to installing the air plenum.
4) Wire Loom : Utilize these looms to preset layout order of the wires. Attach to secondary air pipe. This will allow for an easy install into the looms on the rear of the air plenum, since they'll be in order.
5) A little bit of Nye Lubricant on the o-ring for the coolant pipe.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2013 | 2003 Hummer H2
Inspect for the correct routing of the spark plug wires. Improper routing may cause cross-firing. Inspect each wire for any signs of cranks or splits in the wire. Inspect each plug wire boot for tearing, piercing, arcing, carbon tracking or a corroded terminal.
If there is any corrosion, carbon tracking or arcing indicated on a plug wire boot or terminal, both the plug wire and component it was connected to should be replaced.
Removal & Installation
Feb 05, 2011 | 2000 Pontiac Montana
May 11, 2010 | 1991 Buick Park Avenue
Mar 07, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Camaro
Sep 26, 2009 | 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette
Sep 23, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
May 21, 2009 | 2000 Honda Passport
Mar 19, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Dec 10, 2008 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: