Question about Lexus RX 300
P0174 - System Too Lean (Bank 2)
Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 2 detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 2 is generally the side of the engine that doesn't have cylinder #1.
Note: This DTC is very similar to P0171, and in fact your vehicle may show both codes at the same time.
Symptoms: You will more than likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a lack of power, detonation (spark knock), and/or a hesitation/surge on acceleration.
Causes: A code P0174 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters can cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
* There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor.
Possible solutions include:
* In the vast majority of cases, simply cleaning the MAF sensor does the trick. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling
* Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary
* Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure
Hope helps (remember rated and comment this).
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2012 | 1997 Lincoln Town Car
Jan 27, 2018 | 2007 Toyota Camry
Jul 19, 2011 | 2005 Ford Freestyle
Apr 07, 2011 | 2004 Toyota RAV4
Jan 28, 2011 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks
Dec 01, 2010 | 2000 Toyota Avalon
Dec 29, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 04, 2009 | 1997 Acura CL
768 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: