Question about 2008 Saturn VUE
P0422 - Catalyst below threshold.
Catalytic converter is clogged or out of medium.
Fault Code Definition
Code P0422 indicates that the Bank 1 Main Catalytic Converter's emissions efficiency has fallen below the minimum allowable limit. This threshold is tracked by a Catalyst Monitoring Oxygen Sensor located on or near the outlet of the Catalytic Converter.
* Check Engine Light will illuminate
* In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
Common Problems That Trigger the P0422 Code
* Defective Catalytic Converter
* Engine misfires have damaged the Catalytic Converter
* Internal engine damage resulting in high oil consumption and/or a leaking Head gasket has damaged the Catalytic Converter
* Oxygen Sensors are replaced when the real problem is a damaged Catalyst
* Catalyst is replaced when the real problem is internal engine damage, which is producing elevated emissions levels
* Catalyst is replaced when a misfiring engine is the real problem
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.*$%
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2016 | 2009 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 19, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 21, 2013 | Hummer H3 Cars & Trucks
Aug 04, 2013 | 2001 Kia Sephia
Jun 18, 2017 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jul 12, 2012 | 2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
Sep 28, 2010 | 1999 Buick Regal
May 06, 2010 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 06, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra
Jul 11, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen New Jetta
1,399 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: