Question about 1994 Honda Accord
As the car has cranking problem,Check the crank shaft position sensor in the distributor assembly.It can also be located on the main crank pully or the flywheel on the distributor-less engines.Also check the idle air control valve.Over time, the IACV becomes clogged with dirt, typically resulting in an engine which idles roughly or an idle speed which fluctuates. The valve can sometimes be repaired, but since it must be removed to do so, it is often better to simply replace it.The IAC valve located on the throttle body.---------------
If the problem repeats again n again then its advisable to get car scanned at diagnosis center to get error codes, At diagnosis center you will receive the error code.As per the error code it will detect the exact faulty part in the car due to which the problem is occurring.For more help :--- at www.autozone.com its absolutely free to get car scanned.
But if no code is retrieved then the problem has to be located manually by testing the parts.
There are some possibilities which you will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2013 | 1994 Honda Accord
Feb 01, 2012 | 1994 Honda Accord
Apr 19, 2011 | 1994 Honda Accord
Feb 21, 2011 | 1995 Honda Accord
Nov 27, 2010 | 1995 Honda Accord
Dec 31, 2009 | 1992 Honda Accord
Jun 11, 2009 | 1994 Honda Accord
May 12, 2009 | 1992 Honda Accord
Mar 31, 2009 | 1994 Honda Accord
Jun 30, 2008 | 1995 Honda Accord
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: