Question about Mazda 626
The injectors needs to be checked.Also check the spark plugs and connections.The firing order for the Mazda 626 2.0 is the #1 cylinder is on the left (passenger side) and firing order is 1-3-4-2.
Check the voltages at each connection.
firing order 1342 and on the distributor it is 1-4-2-3<-front of car.
Check out this:--
Pull the plugs and checked spark.
Check fuel at the return on the rail .
Check timing (lined up and belt.
Check Dist. & Rotor (clean contacts with #2 lead pencil)
Sprayed starting fluid in the air cleaner. Test the 4 cylinders.It should be exact 15psi.If its low then it will not fire. To do the compression test right, you should:
1. Unplug the coil harness/plug to the distributor;
2. Carefully screw the adapter into the spark plug hole;
3. Connect the gauge(if it's separated from adapter);
4. Start the car, let the engine crank for about three "weee";
5. Key off and check the data from the gauge;
6. Release the compression and move on to next cylinder(repeat 1-5) until all cylinders are tested. Other possibility can be slipped timing belt. If all checked ok then check the Crankshaft sensor.If its faulty then car will not crank. both the crankshaft position sensor, and the camshaft position sensor,inside the distributor.Other Crankshaft sensor 2nd CKP sensor near the pulley on the timing-belt side. Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2011 | 1994 Mazda 626
Oct 17, 2010 | 1995 Kia Sephia
May 18, 2010 | 1995 Mazda 626
Aug 18, 2009 | 1993 Mazda 626
Jul 16, 2009 | 1995 Mazda 626
Apr 29, 2009 | Mazda 626 Cars & Trucks
Dec 11, 2008 | 1989 Mazda 626
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: