Question about 2000 Toyota Sienna
You can repair the exterior door handle as well as replace.The procedure is as follows:--
1. Remove interior door panel. Gradually "pop" it free from its pins. You can use a screwdriver to slowly wedge each pin free.
Take you time but do not fear using a bit of force. There's one screw that needs to be removed using a Phillips
2. Snap cable free from its clips and remove cylindrical head of cable from door handle.
3. Use hex nut screwdriver (10 mm) to remove two screws holding handle in place. It pops out from the outside of the vehicle Be careful not to drop screws down into the abyss of the door's interior.
4. Purchase 1" 5/64" bolt and nut. Drill hole through white cylindrical piece that was once attached to door handle itself (drill straight!). Drill hole with 5/64" bit. Align white piece with strong part of black piece (which was the part which probably snapped) attached to the handle itself. Drill hole through black piece. There should be enough give in the cable to reattach cable later when white and black piece are joined by bolt.
5. Reassemble. ----------- remove the sliding door inner panel for inspection, there are connecting cables to the lock and they either break or just come off, sometimes because of a malfunction with the door lock mechanism, if all the cables are intact the door lock itself may need to be replaced. To open the sliding door,you have to open the front door and reach around to the inside latch. ------------------
Use the 10mm socket to remove the screw inside the cup holder.
Slide the tape-covered flat head screwdriver under the panel and pry. The 10 plastic clips inside will pop out.
Pull down the corner of the sheet of weather-proofing plastic. -Pull the cable and link head out of the white plastic piece. Remove the two bolts which hold the handle assembly to the door. Remove the handle assembly. If you drop the bolts into the door , fish them out with a magnet on a rod, or enlist the help of someone with small hands.
With the handle assembly removed, you can open the door from the outside by pulling the latch cable. -The handle has two fingers which fit around the white plastic piece to open the door. One of these fingers had broken off. The other end of the handle pivots on a plastic rivet. Use the small socket to push the three tabs of the rivet in and down simultaneously. Use the flat head screwdriver to pry it out far enough to remove. The handle will now pull free of the assembly. Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2016 | 2007 Toyota Sienna XLE
Sep 11, 2012 | 2000 Toyota Sienna
Jun 10, 2017 | 2000 Toyota Sienna
Mar 06, 2010 | 2001 Toyota Sienna
Feb 05, 2010 | 2004 Toyota Sienna
Oct 09, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Sienna
Sep 14, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Sienna
Nov 26, 2008 | 2000 Toyota Sienna
Sep 21, 2008 | 1998 Toyota Sienna
Jan 16, 2016 | 2000 Toyota Sienna
1,798 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!