Question about 1998 BMW 7 Series
BMW Model E39 built from 1996~2000 will have a port like the one shown below.
A Reset tool like
a Peake R5 or R5-FCX
is needed to reset the oil service or inspection service lights after required
1) If you have a reset tool then turn your car key to Position II but do not start the car.
2) Turn the cap counter clock wise on the Data Link Connector and insert the Reset Tool
3) Follow the instructions of your reset tool, different models may have different functions however they all create a short in PIN 7 to PIN 19 for a given amount of time.
4) Once done, remove the reset tool and close the cap .
5) Your dash should light up with green lights at this point.
If the light did NOT reset after the above steps then you might be resetting Oil Service however an Inspection Service is needed.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
look in the manual......turn the ignition to the on position not starting it of course and then pump the gas petal 5 times then the light will blink a few times turn off then back on...problem solved
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
To reset the oil change warning light:
1. Turn on the ignition (not the engine).
2. Hold down the brake and accelerator for twenty seconds until the warning light goes off.
Mar 03, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 21, 2010 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Apr 08, 2010 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Jan 30, 2010 | 2002 GMC Yukon Denali
Dec 14, 2009 | 2004 Lexus LS 430
Dec 12, 2009 | 1993 Cadillac Seville
Aug 12, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Jun 13, 2009 | 2005 Volvo S40
Dec 22, 2008 | 2000 Honda Civic
Apr 13, 2014 | 1998 BMW 7 Series
952 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: