- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dodge does not use a fuel pump cutoff switch, that is Ford and Mazda, and that is is on triggered on impact that exceeds 3 G's. You have what is called and ASD fuel pump shut off relay, it is also triggered in a crash. The ASD is locate in the underhood fuse and relay center. Refer to the owner's manual for location.
The 1987 323 has an electric fuel pump. If your car is a hatchback, in the rear compartment where the spare tire is located, to the left of the spare, is a safety reset switch for the fuel pump. It shuts off the fuel pump if the car is jarred in certain ways in an accident.
The fuel filter is located on the right hand side of the car .It is under a plastic shield just in front of the rear right side wheel .In some cars of mazda 3 the filter on Mazda 3 models is part of the fuel pump assembly. The fuel filter on all Mazda cars can be located on a bracket in the left rear of the engine compartment, next to or beneath the brake master cylinder fluid reservoir or as part of the fuel pump assembly. Tools:
3/8 in. drive ratchet - $7.55
Hose pincher - $4.07
Flare nut wrench - $5.53
Flat Head scredriver - $3.14
Steps: Open the hood and locate the fuel filter. If the fuel filter is not in the engine compartment, follow the fuel line from the tank until the fuel filter is located.Tip: Safety Tip:Always wear safety glasses when working on your vehicle. Wear other personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary, for example latex gloves or safety shoes.
1. Fuel filter in engine compartment.
2. If the fuel filter has a clear case, inspect the filter element for dirt.
3. If the fuel filter case is not see-through, remove it from the fuel line. Drain the fuel from the filter into a container and inspect the condition of the fuel.
Tip: Caution: Before removing fuel lines or fuel related parts, make sure that the fuel pressure is relieved from the vehicle fuel system. To relieve the pressure in fuel injected systems, remove the fuel pump fuse and run the engine
4. Install the new fuel filter making sure that the flow is in the correct direction. The arrow on the fuel filter is the direction of flow from the tank to the engine.
5. Secure the lines back onto the fuel filter. If applicable, reinstall the fuel pump fuse.
6. Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.
7. Test drive the vehicle to check for a rough running engine, hesitation, or lack of power.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this
solution and show your appreciation.
Answer to question Where is the Fuel Pump relay on a 1999 Mazda 626.
The relay in in the cover box that contain a variety of fuses just behind the batterty on the driver side of the car. One has to press the tab and remove the cover to see the relay. The cover give a brief description of the fuse and relay locations, but does not call it fule pump relay. The blue arrow point to the fuel pump relay
it doesn't have a fuel pump relay it has a fuel pump control unit and it is located on the chassis back quarter drivers side near the tube cross member for chassis on top of chassis rail near bed mount. locate the rear springs front perch and it will be above that on top of rail.
hope this helps. good luck and please ask any question you have.