Question about 1998 Chrysler Concorde
The fuel pressure needs to be checked if its low then the fuel pump and fuel filter needs to be replaced.
There are some possibilities which you
will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
If the fuel pump fuse is blowing again n again then you will have to re-wire the fuel pump lines of wire back to fuse, relay, main power, and computer. In between the wires there is a minute short causing the fuel line connection to short and blowing fuse.
Usually when the fuel pump fuse keeps blowing, it is because the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump is bad.
If the fuel pump fuse blows over and over again you may have a dying fuel pump, clogged fuel pump, or problem with the electrical system. If any of these issues is the cause of a fuse blowing multiple times, the fuse will usually blow again soon after it is replaced.
Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2014 | 1995 Honda Accord
Mar 16, 2017 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 29, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 19, 2012 | 2006 Dodge Charger
Oct 22, 2012 | 2001 Jaguar S-Type
Aug 12, 2012 | 2003 Volvo S60
May 21, 2012 | 1990 Volkswagen Jetta
Jun 23, 2011 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 18, 2011 | 1998 Ford Explorer
Jan 10, 2009 | 1987 Porsche 944
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!