Question about Acura RSX
I just watched your video on you tube and I would do the following.
1. Check all your heat shields on the exhaust system and make sure non of them are loose.If these are all tight and you can see non of them fouling any part of the exhaust then move to the next thing.
2. Remove the catalytic converter and try to see if the rattle has gone now. Sometimes if too much heat has been through them they will melt the core and form little balls which will bounce around inside the Cat. Converter.
3. If the exhaust system is all sweet then check fan-belt tensioner bearings, these can give the sound that something is ticking especially if they have a really badly worn ball cage. Also when your belt is off check the alternator by giving it a spin and make sure you hear no rumbling sounds from it.
4. If all these areas are ok then you got internal troubles with the engine top end or bottom end, which it sounds like to me. Even though you have had adjustments made to the lifters etc, if the lubricating orifice's in the cylinder head are blocked or get blocked then this will cause the lifters to rattle. Run an engine flush through it and change the oil and see what that is like.
5. If it is the bottom end, like mains or big ends you can find this out by fitting and oil gauge and running the engine, if at idle the oil pressure is not what it should be then you will have problems with your bottom end bearings.
I hope that this information is helpful and if you need more information just let me know.
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2016 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Sep 02, 2016 | Ford Explorer Sport Cars & Trucks
Oct 16, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 02, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 29, 2014 | 1997 Acura CL
Nov 12, 2017 | 1998 Mazda MPV
Apr 21, 2011 | Buick Regal Cars & Trucks
Jan 16, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Durango
May 22, 2017 | 2000 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
Sep 30, 2008 | 2000 Ford Ranger SuperCab
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: