How could I find the radio unlock code for a 2000 Intrigue
The battery went dead and when the mechanic took the battery out and put it back in I had a code that said LOC when I tried to turn the radio on. When I tried to get the code, the dealership told me that I would have to pay for it... can you help me?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You don't disconnect anything on today's
vehicles, even with the key on
Put in a new battery,start the car, warm it up
& drive it for awhile & maybe you will get lucky
& it will complete some of the drive cycles & run some
monitors ,you know nothing about & it will be fine
If not, your mechanic friend should be about to stop
by with the bosses scan tool & help you out
the radio most likely has a security code activated & until you reactivate the code the radio will not work, you may have to take it to a place where they install radios to get the problem sorted out.........hope this helps........cheers,
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
shouldnt have to pay notify a chevy dealer in person for code most dealers wont deal with a code problem over phone they dont charge for the code due to the fact that a dead battery can also lock out the radio system into the anti-theft mode
thats because its a key code security device once you disconnect its power source the radio will automatically lock itself to prevent theft but you can take it to a shop that sells radios and they can reset it for you but its impossible to diy because you need a computer to programme the microchip so take it to a shop m8 otherwise it wont work mine did the same hope i helped :)