Question about 2001 Dodge Stratus

1 Answer

I need the whole unit replace that operate the window on the driver side

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,857 Answers

Its called a window regulator. You should be able to get it just about anywheres, its not just at the dealer.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Toyota corolla side window

The driver switch is called the master switch. When replacing this unit you need to perform what's called a ( relearn ). Turn the ignition switch to position 2 so that the dash lights come on. Then hold the window switch in the down position and keep holding it down for 10 seconds after the window is all the way down. Then make the window go fully up and hold the bottom up for 10 seconds after the window closes . Sometimes you my need to do this a few times to make it relearn . This performed properly should give you full operation of the windows. FYI. This may need to be done on every door. . This will also need to be done if you replace a window regulator of any door or door windows you replace.
Hope this helps. Mr Toofix

Jan 27, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Lexus GS 300 AC on Drivers side, Heat on Passenger side

You will more than likely need to replace the whole heater control unit in the dash. Thier like mini computers now and usually if one side goes down it means the whole unit is shot.

Dec 03, 2012 | 2001 Lexus Gs 300

1 Answer

I need to know the name of a part on my 2000 gran prix

Hi Debbie, We call it the window cluster switch unit. I'm sure if you describe it to your parts store they will know what it is. Different countries have different names for the same parts. regards John

Jul 02, 2012 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

1998 Toyota Sienna. Problem: Passenger side windows won?t go up. I have replaced window motor but still won?t work. I don?t hear the new motor running when I use two (driver and passenger) switches. I...

Have you tried replacing the master window switch? Just because the other windows work doesnt mean that switch for that window is good.

The main switch is controled by the drivers door main unit.....i had to use a forward force on my windows switch for it to replaced the whole unit, you could find those on ebay cheap if local auto parts is expensive

Nov 06, 2010 | 1998 Toyota Sienna

1 Answer

Hello I had the problem on passenger side window, and had to replace the full mechanism, which is rather costly. I now have the problem on the driver side window; I would like to avoid changing the whole...

OK, changing the computer won't solve a mechanism issue for either the passenger or driver's side. The mechanism you refer to is called a 'window regulator' and yes, parts can be purchased instead of replacing the whole unit.

However, if you get one from a salvage yard, the cost of it can be competitive with getting new parts that fix only part of the window mechanism.

In practice, changing the whole mechanism is indicated to get the window working correctly, even if it means going to a salvage yard to get the expected discount.

Good luck on this repair.

Oct 31, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

How much will it cost to fix my drivers window? i recently bought a 200 pontiac grand am gt but the window on drivers side doesnt work - there is something in side of it holding it in place. do you know...

remove door panel inside car and check motor with test light.
check window regulator/track window rides on, for proper operation, check cable is not broke.
replace motor if bad buy a new one, replace regulator from junk yard, new is pricey. 250.00 dealer cost.
350-400 for the whole job :(

Oct 10, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

1 Answer


Sounds like you either have a short in the wires in the drivers side window switch, or the window switch itself needs to be replaced. Note that not just the 1 switch needs to be replaced but the whole switch module.

Jun 01, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Eurovan

1 Answer

Window wont go up or down

The same happen to me, the cable that pull the window up and down is broken. I could not find the cable and had to replace the whole unit. You can do this by removing the inside door panel, and from there you should be able to work on the unit.

May 18, 2009 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Window one operate but can operate passenger side from driver

Ford was notorious for bad switches on the drivers window control panel. But before you replace it pull the whole inner door panel off. You will have to unplug the switch panel to do it... check the connections on the window motor itself, then check and clean the connector that plugs into the inner door panel and the switch panel itself, If these dont fix it check an auto boneyard for a replacement switch... AAlso if you are savy with automotive electrical, CAREFULLYcheck the motor operation with a jumper wire replacing the switch to ensure it isnt a bad motor... most likely it is the switch but Murphy's law has a whole subset of rules for automotive electrical applications...

Apr 13, 2009 | 1998 Ford F250 SuperCab

5 Answers


Check inside wiring by the driver's side door hinge. Remove the rubber boot and you will find broken wires. Make a splice and you are fixed!

Dec 27, 2008 | 2003 Chevrolet Equinox

Not finding what you are looking for?
2001 Dodge Stratus Logo

Related Topics:

24 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

81400 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22359 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides