Question about Ford Futura
My AU11 is a XR8 with premium sound. I say this because maybe the speakers in the doors change the way the door panel is removed. I am describing the front door panel removal.
1. Remove the door lock knob by pulling it up.
2. Remove the two screw covers covering the screws which are above the speakers by gently prizing them out with a screwdriver.
3. Under one of the covers (the one closest to the speaker) is a 10mm bolt, remove this bolt by using a small 10mm socket.
4. Remove the two screw covers on the bottom of the door and remove the two phillips screws underneath.
5. Remove the phillips screw that is near the door lock knob but on the centre pillar side of the door panel. This screw is the only one that is not under a removable cover.
6. Remove the door release bezel by gently prizing the top of the bezel between the vinyl and the bezel with a screwdriver. For this you need to be gentle in order not to damage the vinyl.
7. Once the bezel is off you can see another 10mm bolt underneath that must be removed.
8. Gently prize up the electric window switches. I prized mine up carefully by using a screwdriver in the gap between the armrest and the electric switch panel. Unplug the electric switch panel which is a captive plug so you need to use a screwdriver to release the catch. You can also do the same for the electric mirror plug once the door panel is off.
9. Under the electric switch panel is another phillips screw that must be removed.
10. The door panel can now be removed by gently prizing it away from the door. I just used my hands for this but maybe you will need a wooden spatula or similar to assist. The door panel will offer some resistance and pop once the clips release. If you encounter strong resistance maybe you have another clip or screw etc that needs to be located.
Dont forget to unplug the electric mirror wires.
Posted on Jan 21, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2013 | 2008 Ford Focus
Dec 14, 2012 | 1998 Ford Expedition
Nov 19, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 16, 2011 | 1988 Ford Ranger
Feb 26, 2011 | 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew
Jun 05, 2010 | 1999 Ford Escort
Jun 01, 2010 | 1993 Ford Taurus
Oct 08, 2009 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Sep 22, 2009 | 1987 Ford F 150
Sep 19, 2009 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Apr 22, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: