Question about 2007 Lexus ES 350
My Lexus 2007 ES 350 with 31300miles on it. Tires strength show @ 7/32 . Does this mean anything.
Also the 30K service is Due and i have not done it. What all replacements can i do myself and avoid rip off from dealers (ASE CERTIFIED Rip off. they are quoting 433$ for the service which includes
cabin filter, airfilter, replace.
What can be done @ home and what needs to be done by dealer/mechanic
Buy a subscription to aldatadiy.com and print out the service schedules. Most items are checks, but the ones that need service will be covered in the instructions with step by step procedures.
Posted on Jul 06, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It is. I believe on your MDX you have to remove the glovebox 10mm screws. Then there is a drawer in the plastic HVAC housing that unclips on both sides and slides out. If it hasn't been changed before, on most Honda and Acura SUVs you have to carefully cut the plastic that covers the support to remove the metal bar to get to the drawer. You need to keep the plastic because it screw into it's old position after the job is complete.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
the cabin filter is locate on the passanger in the glove box. to get to it u must remove the shelf in the glove box by simply tugging it from the left side, then u will see at the back of the glove box a section that u can remove. once removed u will see a white compartment with a removable front, remove that and youll see filter
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: Cabin Air Filter Installation
Back upper right corner of your glove box tray has a pop out or not/mine either fell out or was never there. Look back in the upper right corner with glovebox open you'll see the slot where the cabin air filter goes.
Posted on May 30, 2009
The HID bulbs are very easy to change, and can be bought online for much less than from the dealer. Check sites like xenondepot and Ebay for Phillips D2R (for reflector headlamps) HID bulbs and you can replace them yourself.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2015 | 2007 Lexus RX 350 FWD
Aug 07, 2014 | 2007 Lexus Es 300
May 18, 2012 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Jan 28, 2011 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Jan 22, 2011 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Jul 11, 2010 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Feb 19, 2010 | 2005 Lexus ES330
Jan 12, 2010 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Sep 09, 2009 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!