Question about 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Hello, If your car overheats and damages the engine, you have no one to blame but yourself. Keep your eyes on the temperature gauge and never let the needle move into the red. Pull over before it gets too hot. And to resolve this follow this steps:
1. Turn off the engine.
2. Wait. If the engine is steaming, don't open the hood.
3. Pull the hood release lever under the dashboard to open the hood when the car has cooled completely.
4. Walk around the front of the car, reach under the hood, find the latch and squeeze it. As you squeeze the latch, pull up and open the hood.
5. Check the coolant reservoir tank first. It's a plastic jug that has a small hose running to the radiator. The reservoir can be filled when the engine is hot (except on German and Swedish cars, the plastic reservoir is also under pressure, so don't open when the engine is hot).
6. Open the radiator cap with a rag. Remember: open it only after the engine has completely cooled. If you're not sure, don't open the cap. If you open the cap while it's still warm, you may burn yourself with steam or hot coolant. Open the cap slowly, as if you were opening a bottle of soda that has been shaken up.
7. Examine the radiator. Look inside and see if there's coolant left. If needed, fill to the top of the radiator.
8. Put the radiator cap back on.
9. Check to see that the upper or lower radiator hose, or any of the heater hoses, hasn't burst.
10. Restart the engine.
11. Watch the temperature gauge obsessively. Don't let the needle go into the red. Turn off the engine if the gauge approaches the red zone.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2017 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jan 01, 2013 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
May 12, 2011 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jan 02, 2011 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 02, 2010 | 2003 Dodge Caravan
Feb 04, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Dec 07, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 06, 2008 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: