- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try a spare key if you have one... Try a little lubricating oil. If that is your original key and it does not turn after lubricating it might be best to seek the services of a GOOD mechanic to replace the cylinder, you do not want it to suddenly lock up again
I believe you are referring to the immobilizer in your key for your car. Unfortunately there is not a way around this factory anti theft system. However most delearships have the ability program new keys for you.
If you had two valid keys that were already programed to the car's immobilizer you can simply buy another key with a programmable immobilizer chip, usually referred to as a sentry key. These keys are available at some hardware stores for cheaper then you would find at a dealership. So if you have the old keys and a new blank key you can follow the following procedure in most cars to program the new key:
1. Bring the replacement sentry key to a hardware store or dealership. Have it cut to match the original valid sentry keys.
2. Place the first valid key into the PT Cruiser's ignition and turn to the ON position for a minimum of three seconds and a maximum of 15 seconds. Turn ignition switch off until it is in the LOCK position and remove the key.
3. Within 15 seconds, insert the second valid key and turn the ignition to the ON position. Wait ten seconds or until a chime sounds and the vehicle security light begins to flash. Turn the ignition off until it is in the LOCK position and remove the key.
4. Within 60 seconds, insert the new blank sentry key into the ignition switch and turn it to the ON position. Wait 10 seconds or until you hear a single chime and the vehicle security light stops flashing. Look for the indicator light on the dashboard. If it turns on for three seconds and then turns off, the key has been successfully programmed.
If your security light is blinking.Turn key to on position(2 clicks) wait for 10 minutes security light should stop blinking.Turn key to off position. Turn key forward 2 clicks wait for 5 seconds and try to restart the car.
Try your spare key.It could be that the primary key you have been using needs to be reprogrammed,which can be done by contacting a dealer.Turn the key to the "On" position in order to reset the pass lock system.Wait for fifteen minutes with the key in the "On" position.If the security light disappears, turn the key to the "Accessories" position and wait for a couple of seconds.Turn the key to the "Off" position and take it out from the lock cylinder. Wait a couple of seconds and turn the car on.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Autel MaxiDAS DS708
SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE FAULT IN THE KEY IT COULD BE WORN.TRY ANOTHER KEY PUT IN THE IGNITION SWITCH TURN KEY ON POSITION FOR 10 SECONDS UNTIL IMMOBILIZER LAMP FLASHES THEN TURN OFF WAIT 10 SECONDS SEE IF CAR STARTS IF NOT.YOUR CAR KEYS AND IGNITION SWITCH FAULTY NEED REPLACING THE IMMOBILIZER CANT RECEIVE A SIGNAL FROM THEM.
With the key in the off position, hold down the Select/Reset button on the dash near the gauges, While holding it down, turn the key to the on position (not starting the car) and wait about 5-10 seconds and it should turn the light off. You may then turn the key back to the off position or start the car.
Programming When Key(s) added or replaced. System malfunction. How Obtain all keys fitted with remote control. Turn ignition switch from position 0 to position II 4 times within 6 seconds. Turn ignition switch to position 0. The system will emit an acoustic signal to indicate start of programming mode. Programming mode activated for 10 seconds proceed as follows: Press and hold lock, unlock or boot release button Fig. 1 ,  or . Wait for acoustic signal (indicates correct programming). Repeat above procedure within 10 seconds to program remaining keys. To exit programming mode: Turn ignition switch to position III or wait 10 seconds. Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed
Turn key to "On" position, but do not start the vehicle, press the pedal to the floor 3 times. Not fast or slow, like 1 one thousand, two one thousand... wait a few seconds, there should be an indicator/ light should go off, turn key to off position, and your good to go. Good luck :)
ok here you go
make sure the battery is fully charged befor starting
turn ignition to run
attempt to start once then release the key in the run position
let vehicle sit with the key on for ten minutes
the security light should turn off
turn igniton switch off
wait 5 seconds
turn key to run position
let vehicle sit for 10 minutes
turn key off
wait 5 seconds
turn key to run position
let vehicle sit for ten minutes
turn key off
wait more than 6 seconds
and start engine