Question about GMC Yukon XL
Check the fuses in the fuse relay box under the hood,look for a max fuse that may have blown,also,try and twist the battery cables,to make sure they are making good connection,but do not take them off unless you have before,cause the memory could be lost from the computer,now,there is a relearning process you can do,if this does not help,turn the key on,leave it on for ten minutes,then turn it off,and right back on,do this three times,a total of thirty minutes.This will relearn the key to the ignition,let me know how you come out,but check the fuses first,and twist the battery cables to make sure they are making contact good.You might try charging the battery also.
Posted on Jul 19, 2010
There are some possibilities which you
will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 19, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 26, 2015 | 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Apr 18, 2015 | 2006 GMC Yukon Xl Denali
Nov 24, 2013 | 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Aug 01, 2013 | 2005 GMC Yukon Xl Denali
Jun 21, 2011 | 2005 GMC Yukon Xl Denali
Dec 12, 2010 | 2002 GMC Yukon XL
Apr 25, 2010 | 2003 GMC Yukon XL
Jul 14, 2009 | 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
May 16, 2018 | 1984 GMC S-15 Jimmy
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!