Question about 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab

1 Answer

Replacing balljoints what do I need to take apart.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 55 Answers

You really should have a repair shop/person do this. You have to take off the spindles and the balljoints have to be pressed in. It really is quite a job.

Posted on Jul 18, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I cant remove my lower ball joint from a 98 nissan sentra

now i know this sounds bad but first thing is to throw that away ,,, next open nut on balljoint and then take a hammer and if you are a fella with good aim ,, strike the little housing that the balljoint is stuck in ,,,, a experienced mechanic can do it in 2 to 3 srtikes so theres a challenge for you!!!! seriously if you can hit it hard and have good aim it will come apart easy ,,,, modern stuff is alloy but yours is steel so you can hit it hard and do no harm ,,, once you dont beat the hell out of any thing else ,,,

Feb 13, 2012 | Nissan Pickup Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 92 accord LX. I am in need of changing the Right upper control arm. I am not sure how to go about this. Any information would be much appreciated.

Replacing the upper control arm is an easy job, you will need to remove the front wheel, open the hood, you will remove the nut on the balljoint for the upper control arm to spindle, then use a fork and hammer to sperate the two. the next step is to remove the two achor nut in the engine compartment on the strut tower area. and out comes the control arm. you will need to have an alignment done after this job to align the front end. heres a diagram to help you locate the balljoint nut and the achor nut. hope this is helpful.10_22_2011_11_10_13_pm.gif

Oct 22, 2011 | 1992 Honda Accord

1 Answer


Replacing them is fairly easy. First remove the wheel, loosen and remove the 18mm nut for the upper balljoint. You will need to hold the balljoint using a 5-6mm allen in the joint itself while loosening the nut and there will be tension on the upper arm so be careful, remove the two 15mm nuts for the sway bar link. Remove the T60 torx bolt for the bottom of the shock, remove the threaded air line, electrical connector and four 13mm nuts. Pull down on the knuckle while you swing the shock assembly out. You may also want to remove the caliper so the line does not stretch.

Mar 23, 2011 | 2004 Jaguar XJR-Series

1 Answer

How to change a 2003 mini cooper wheel bearing

Remove the wheel then remove the brake caliper and rotor, remove nut from lower balljoint split balljoint and control apart,remove the cv nut from axle then pull spindle back and slide cv shaft out of spindle,next on the rear of the spindle remove the bolts that hold bearing to spindle then use a hammer to tap bearing out of spindle here a picture to help you locate the bolts on the spindle and to see what it looks like,984d3b5.jpg

Oct 04, 2010 | 2003 Mini Cooper

2 Answers

How do i change upper and lower ball joints on 2000 ford ranger

They need to be pressed out then back in. Take it to a shop and save yourself a lot of headache

Feb 23, 2010 | 2000 Ford Ranger SuperCab

1 Answer

How do I install a control arm with ball joint on a dodge avenger.

a92829e.gif The lower arms #4 and #5 are quite easy to swap out.
Raise and support the car, remove the front wheel on the side you are changing. #4 is attached to the crossmember by 1 bolt and 1 nut holds the balljoint side, there is another bolt connecting the shock/strut to this arm. I've found that removing the bolt from the connection to the strut and loosening, don't remove, the other nuts and bolts, is the best way to proceed. Once loose, unless you have a seperator, you will need to use a persuader aka hammer to get the joint apart. Take care not to damage the knuckle. It caused me many headaches trying to figure out why the dust boots were always getting torn up, damage from b4 I even had the car. Ok, once you have the arm out, start by installing the balljoint side first, then attach the shock fork to the arm, tighten this one, then attach to the crossmember, DO NOT TIGHTEN this one. Get another jack and postion it under the new arm as close as possible to the balljoint. Raise the jack to compress the suspension, until you are almost lifting the car. This should get the balljoint pretty snug and u shouldn't have any trouble tightening the nut. At this point you are pretty much done except for the bolt attaching to the crossmember. Once the wheel is back on and the vehicle lowered, this is when you tighten this bolt (right out of CHILTON'S repair manual) to not get excessive strain on the rubber bushing. For the curved, compression, arm, you do pretty much the same thing just seperate the balljoint first then remove the bolts from the undercarriage. Reverse to install.

Nov 23, 2009 | 1997 Dodge Avenger

1 Answer

I need yo know how to replace the cv joint and

remove axle nut,seperate balljoint from control arm,usually a good whack with a hammer on the control arm near the balljoint will free it,pry control arm down to remove knuckle assy, remove roll pin from inner axle joint now you can remove axle,most of the time the inner joint boot tears this is called the d-o-j {double offset joint} replace this boot as well,my suggestion is consider replacing axle with reman depending on mileage 100k or more.remember when reinstalling axle splines need to be lined up on inner shaft so roll pin goes in without problem good luck

Jul 18, 2009 | 2001 Subaru Forester

1 Answer

2001 chrysler sebring ball joint (boot) repair

I do not believe that the balljoint is causing the squeak. Take your car to an independent mechanic that you trust. dealerships are notorius for mis-diagnosing (it begins with the intake person describing the problem wrong).

More than likely, the squeak is coming from a worn rubber bushing or mount. Check the exhast pipe hangers for worn rubber. Also check the anti-sway bar bushings and the motor mounts. You should be able to replace these with ordinary tools (assuming you have safe access to the botom of the car - i.e. jack stands). Also check the control arm bushings (these would require an expert, or a pro to replace).

If the balljoint boot is cracked, you can prolong the ball joint life by keeping it well greased. If grease is oozing out the crack, then the balljoint is protected. Replacing the balljoint boot requires separating the wheel spindle from the control arm and can be very dangerous because of the strut spring. This should be left to the expert, or professional mechanic. Also, if the ball joint is squeaking, it needs to be replaced.

If you still want to tackle this yourself, buy a Chilton or similar book (under $10) specifically for your car. They have good instructions and diagrams.

May 25, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer


Hi there. Do you mean cv joints? And if so you are better off th change the cv shaft than try to take it apart and rebuild the joints. The cv joints are really difficult to put together and far more work than just replacing the shafts. In either case you need to removve the shaft with the bad joint. Pull off your wheel, brake caliper, rotor, and then seperate the lower control arm where the balljoint connects to the hub. You will need to get a balljoint press for this. You can usualy get one through a chain autoparts store rent a tool program for free(with refundable deposit). once the balljoint is seperated you need to get a prybar in where the cv shaft goes into the transmission. Just hook the base of the shaft and lightly pry it out away from the tranny. Becareful not to damage the seal at the tranny with your bar. Hope this helps.

Mar 15, 2009 | 2004 Kia Optima

1 Answer

Problems with my peugeout 406 2.0 hdi 2004

remove nut and wallop balljoint till it pops out or buy balljoint splitter

Oct 23, 2008 | 2005 Peugeot 405

Not finding what you are looking for?
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab Logo

Related Topics:

41 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

83096 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22382 Answers

gerry bissi

Level 3 Expert

4387 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides