Question about 1998 Buick LeSabre
It could be any of the following:
- The ignition switch
- A bad connection in the starter motor
- The starter motor itself
- If your car is an automatic, the Neutral Safety Switch that allows the starter to be operated only when the transmission is in "Park" or "Neutral" may noy be functioning properly.
- The shifter may not be fully engaged in "Park" or "Neutral" position
- If you car has a manual transmission, there is a switch installed at the clutch pedal that only allows the car to be started when the clutch pedal is depressed. A problem with this switch could also prevent the starter from operating
- A problem with vehicle's security system or some other electronic control module (e.g, PCM, BCM) may also prevent the starter from operating.
Hopefully this can at least give you a place to start looking. last three times its happened to me or my sister, it's been the starter.
Best of luck!
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 09, 2014 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 15, 2012 | 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
Jun 27, 2012 | 1999 Buick Century
Aug 22, 2011 | 1998 Chrysler Concorde
May 06, 2011 | 2008 Toyota Tacoma
Jan 30, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jan 25, 2011 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 18, 2011 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Apr 05, 2017 | 1998 Buick LeSabre
199 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: