Question about 1999 Ford Taurus
Joe2 mercs is right, and that is the $ fix/proper fix, but first If window motor is doing nothing, stuck, ...try this....
NO COST and fast PROCEDURE TO try to FIX IT:
1. Sit in vehicle, on seat next to problematic window
2. Ignition key is on
3. Door in question is opened (in case you closed it)
4. While door is open, press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep button pressed !!
5. SLAM hard the door closed with one hand while other hand holds button as per #4.
6. Watch window operate as it should.
7. Repeat 3-6 if necessary, but usually the first try works!
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
I have had that problem with a 2004 Freestar. I was instructed to remove the door panel, locate the motor and "tap repeatedly" with a hammer. It worked. Probably why cooltractor's solution works also but this solution has lasted for 2 years.
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
1) The motor has burnt out. Can you hear it turning when you ask the window to go up?
2) broken connection due to loose wire or bad contacts in the switch. If you can hear the motor running then.....
3) More likely the motor is turning but the driven teeth are missing (sheared/worn off) from the lift mechanism/regulator. The only way to resolve is to remove the inner door panel and remove and inspect the mechanism. Check the teeth on the regulator sprocket, often it is the ones at the end that go missing. If you replace the regulator liberally grease the end teeth.
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2016 | 2007 Mazda 6 2.3
Mar 25, 2015 | 2006 Saturn ION
Mar 24, 2015 | 2004 Mercury Sable
Aug 14, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Visual Inspection Chart
Mar 30, 2011 | 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew
Apr 29, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Aug 21, 2017 | 2001 GMC Yukon XL
May 23, 2009 | 2003 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab
Apr 27, 2009 | 2004 Ford Mustang
1,504 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: