Question about 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for your VW radio from the car manufacturer! For VW radio the sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2017 | 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Dec 28, 2010 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 29, 2010 | 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Dec 31, 2009 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Sep 16, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Sep 12, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Mar 09, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Dec 23, 2008 | 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 28, 2008 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Jul 15, 2008 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
650 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: