Question about 2005 Dodge Caravan
Power window will not go down how do i trouble shoot it
NO COST PROCEDURE TO FIX IT:
1. Sit in vehicle on seat next to problematic window
2. Ignition key is on
3. Door in question is opened (in case you closed it)
4. While door is open, press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep button pressed !!
5. SLAM door closed with one hand while other hand holds button as per #4.
6. Watch window operate as it should.
7. Repeat 3-6 if necessary, but usually the first try works!
NOW, for the naysayers that says you must replace power window motors etc, at $$$ cost because the above fix does not work, or is not long lasting fix, or less than a "professional fix".... Well then, when the window fails to operate again, apply same fix again at that time.
I have fixed my van this way numerous times (usually once a year), and to all I recommend this fix too, likewise do the same and are happy with the solution.
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
Check all fuses under dash and hood first
Posted on Jul 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 12, 2016 | 2005 Kia Sedona
Feb 23, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2014 | 2000 Buick Park Avenue
Aug 16, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 18, 2010 | 2001 Nissan Quest
513 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!