Question about 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Remove or disconnect the following
Negative battery cable. Spark plugs. Catalytic converter. Right front wheel. Right inner splash shield.
Accessory drive belt and idler pulley.
2) Rotate the crankshaft to Top Dead Center (TDC) and install Crankshaft TDC Timing Peg T97P-6000-A.
3) Rotate the crankshaft clockwise against the peg.
4) Remove or disconnect the following:
Water pump pulley, Valve cover, Crankshaft pulley, Timing belt covers.
5) Install Camshaft Alignment Timing Tool T94P-6256-CH into the slots of both camshafts at the rear of the cylinder head to lock the camshafts into position.
6) Loosen the timing belt tensioner bolt and relieve the tension on the timing belt by disconnecting the tensioner tab from the timing cover back plate.
7) Remove the timing belt.
Install the timing belt.Engage the timing belt tensioner tab into the timing cover back plate.Adjust the timing belt tensioner until the index marks are aligned. Tighten the tensioner bolt to 17-20 ft. lbs. (22-28 Nm).Remove the camshaft alignment tool and the crankshaft TDC peg.
Rotate the crankshaft so that the keyway is at the 3 o'clock position. This positions the right cylinder head camshafts to the neutral position.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 11, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2017 | 1999 Ford Contour
Jan 14, 2018 | 2000 Ford Contour
Feb 15, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 07, 2009 | 2000 Ford Contour
Oct 02, 2009 | 1999 Ford Contour
Jul 24, 2009 | 2005 Ford Explorer
May 11, 2017 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Apr 08, 2009 | 1999 Ford Escort
Feb 18, 2009 | 1998 Ford Contour
Aug 22, 2008 | 1999 Ford Contour
Sep 07, 2015 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
1,061 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: