Question about Saab 9 3
Thanks for posting this question. Ideally you should have either included all the information in the last post or you should have used a follow up button.
Regarding P1231, i have already posted the information.
Regarding P1251, the details are :-
1251 refers to the small motor that controls the throttle.P1251
Throttle Motor. Full PWM in Closing Direction.
NOTE: May set if Mechanism is not Restarted.
* CHECK ENGINE.
* Incorrect idle speed.
* Cruise control inoperative.
Type of diagnosis:
* Continuous. But interrupted when fault criteria fulfilled and will not restart until next driving cycle.
* Test 1: Engine running. Car in motion.
* Test 2: Engine running for less than 5 S.
* Test 1 and Test 2: Throttle motor receiving 100% PWM in closing direction.
System reaction to a fault:
* Throttle control goes into limp-home mode. The limp-home solenoid will be activated 5 times in succession each time the ignition is turned on until the fault has been rectified and the trouble codes cleared.
* Accelerator pedal has been depressed at some time and then fully released. 120 S has expired since then without fault criteria being fulfilled.
Fault handling: See "Fault diagnosis, general" for more information.
* CHECK ENGINE goes on immediately and can be turned off only by clearing the trouble codes.
A mechanical fault is preventing the throttle from closing.
Check the wiring
Jiggle the leads and in-line connectors at various points and in different directions to detect any intermittent breaks or short circuit in the wiring. Observe the multimeter, test lamp or diagnostic tool while doing this.
Both codes could cause the above mentioned problem.So,i would not be able to comment as i cannot diagnose your car.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Jul 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2017 | Saab Cars & Trucks
Mar 10, 2015 | 1999 Saab 9-5
Dec 01, 2013 | 2001 Saab 9-3
Mar 28, 2013 | 2001 Saab 9-3
Feb 09, 2013 | 2002 Saab 9-5
Jan 15, 2011 | 2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen
Sep 19, 2010 | 2001 Saab 9-3
Jun 20, 2008 | 1999 Saab 9-5
457 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: