Question about 1997 Jaguar XK8
I have a problem with the door latch on a 1997 XK8 (driver's door). The failure mode is as follows and may ring a bell with you:
- auto door lock (transmission put into Drive) does not always function on driver's door (is okay on passenger door) - inner door handle does not move to locked position.
- central locking does not cause driver's door to lock all the time - can hear the mechanism 'attempt' mechanically but then the alarm chirps continuously. Inner door handle not in locked position
- door will always lock when the physical key is used
- window always auto-lowers but forgets its setting and fails to auto-raise (resetting this works for a while until door latch next fails)
- courtesy lights work as expected, as does 'door-ajar' warning on dash. No problems there.
The car's battery is good and the car is otherwise healthy. Does this sound like a problem with the door latch mechanism ? Or with the control module, which I think it also in the door ?
Thanks in advance !
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2015 | 1999 Jaguar XK8
Aug 08, 2011 | Jaguar XK8 Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2010 | 1998 Jaguar XK8
Nov 09, 2009 | 1997 Jaguar XK8
Jul 22, 2009 | 1997 Jaguar XK8
Apr 13, 2009 | 1998 Jaguar XK8
Mar 20, 2009 | 2006 Jaguar XK8
Sep 06, 2008 | 1994 Jaguar XJ6
873 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: