Question about 2002 Land Rover Freelander
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: rear window winder on my A4 2002
I just got back from AAA and they wanted $100 just to take the panel off!! it takes a special tool and about 3 hrs of labor, so they said...
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Most likely right.... if the alternator quits you can often run off the battery but once you start accessories like wipers . heater etc it will not last long
Posted on Dec 21, 2008
First you will have to remove the door panel to access the window motor which is located in the door. in most cases you are better off to replace it. but first you need to check for power at motor if it has power and doesn't work replace it if no power check the switch then check wire in the door jam they usually break from excessive opening and closing of the door .
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
Tools you will need:
1. Panel removal tool
2. Philips screw driver
3. 1/4 Ratchet with extension and 8 mm socket.
4. grease to lube new regulator. The first thing, is to remove the door panel:
1. Remove 2 screws securing hand rail to door.
2. Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door and remove the escutcheon.
3. Remove 4 screws securing pocket to door.
4. Carefully release 10 clips securing trim casing to door. (Best to use a door panel removal tool, the plastic clips break very easy)
5. Disconnect multi-plug from upper door speaker. Do the same for lower speaker
6. Remove trim panel from door.
7. Remove the plastic vapor barrier , care full not to destroy. (You may have to cut around some things such as the hand rail brackets.)
At this point you will be able to see the regulator and motor through the small holes in the door. At this stage a small flash light is very handy
to see such things as the power connector for the window motor.
1. Loosen the two bolts in the slotted holes, shown above.
2. Remove the remaining 4 bolts securing regulator assembly to door.
3. Lower glass and loosen the 2 bolts securing door glass to regulator. Then slide the channel bar forward to remove.
4. Disconnect the power from the window motor.
5. lift the window and secure in the up position ( I used Duct tape).
6. Collapse all the arms and maneuver the old regulator out the center hole in door. Assembly is basically the reverse of the removal procedures:
1. take the two screws that you partially removed out of the old regulator and install them partially install them into the new regulator.
2. Work the new regulator through the center hole.
3. Connect the power to the regulator motor.
4. Lower the window glass, take the channel that secures the glass to the regulator, insert it over the tow bolts that were loosened in step 2 above
5. Raise the window and secure.
6. Insert the 2 bolts on regulator through the keyed holes in the door and finger tighten.
7. line up the rest of the bolt holes and install the remaining two bolts in both the regulator and then tighten two bolts in step 6 above
8. install the two in the bottom channel.
9. Now is a good time to test..........
Then all that is left to install the hook up the speaker(s) and mount the door panel.
1. Position trim panel close to the door and connect door speaker(s) multi-plug(s).
2. Secure door panel to door with clips.
3. insert escutcheon to door handle and secure with screw.
4. Secure hand rail to door with two screws.
5. Fit pocket to door and secure with four screws."
Posted on Dec 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2012 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Dec 08, 2010 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Aug 24, 2010 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Nov 01, 2009 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Jun 13, 2009 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Jun 03, 2009 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Feb 03, 2009 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Dec 21, 2008 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Sep 09, 2008 | 2002 Audi A4
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: