Question about 1986 Chevrolet G30
1. Turn ignition switch to off position and leave the key in the switch.
2. Disconnect the battery.
3. Take a small diameter. paper clip and insert it into the small hole in the face of the ignition switch. You will feel a small button that you depress.
4. While depressing the button, turn the key to the accessory position (counter clockwise) and using the key remove the cylinder.
5. You can now remove the bezel by unscrewing it CCW.
6. This will allow you to remove the ignition switch from the dash and disconnect the wire harness plug from the rear of the switch.
7. They don't always come apart easily , and may require some Jiggling of the key and the wire.
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 24, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 08, 2014 | 1983 Chevrolet Silverado
Dec 01, 2013 | 1986 Chevrolet G30
Aug 03, 2009 | 1986 Chevrolet Chevy
Jul 13, 2009 | 1986 Chevrolet Chevy
Jun 17, 2009 | 1988 Chevrolet Cargo
2,453 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: