Question about 2004 Kia Optima
First of all for the cylinder 2 problem.As you got replaced the spark plugs but did you got the voltages checked at ignition coils.The ignition coil gives power to spark plug to spark.Check the voltage of each cylinder .Which ever coil checked out low voltage.That ignition coil needs to be replaced.
Ignition coil is replaced as full coil pack unit.
Another possibility check the connection of the cylinder.remove and reconnect.If the connections are not perfect it will not let the car to start still the engine turns.
Also there are many other possibilities to be checked.
There are some possibilities which you
will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2015 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Nov 03, 2013 | 2007 Honda Odyssey LX
Nov 27, 2012 | 1997 Honda Accord
Nov 11, 2012 | 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
Mar 06, 2011 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Apr 28, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Camaro
Aug 11, 2009 | 1999 Toyota Corolla
Jul 02, 2009 | 1994 Ford Escort
Dec 24, 2008 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: