Question about 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Try the following procedure to reset the Passlock;
30 Minute Learn Procedure (requires no tools)
1) Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2) Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. (engine will not start)
3) Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4) Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5) Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles (30 minutes). The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
In other words, don't forget the final step 4 before you try to start the car.
6) Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2015 | 1988 Jeep Wrangler
Mar 04, 2015 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Feb 25, 2014 | 1998 Suzuki Esteem
Dec 14, 2013 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2013 | 2004 Cadillac CTS
Sep 19, 2013 | 1988 Suzuki Samurai
Jul 24, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 25, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Dec 29, 2008 | 1989 Ford F 250
364 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: