Question about 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
Posted on Jul 22, 2010
You get to go to your friendly gm dealer and have them unlock it for you. be sure to take advantage of all the other repairs that they will tell you that you must have right away or you will grow a zit the size of a grapefruit on your nose
Posted on Jul 07, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2016 | 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jul 25, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 10, 2010 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Nov 01, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jul 29, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jul 02, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
807 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: