Question about 2006 Cadillac DTS
The key will not turn so I cannot rotate the cylinder to remove it
Just follow the procedures below:
1. Remove the steering colum bottom cover.
2. Remove the top cover retaining screw so that you are able to lift to top trim cover.
3. Make sure that you have disconnected the battery. You will then need to turn the ignition key to the start position
4. You should be able to see the lock cylinder access hole, you need to put a bent awl of some type. so that you can push down on the retaining clip holding the ignition lock assembly.
5. Then release the ignition lock to the RUN position.
7.Remove the ignition assembly.
8. Reassemble in the reverse order as above.
Hope this helps, let me know if you need further help.
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2015 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Aug 09, 2015 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Nov 18, 2012 | 2006 Cadillac DTS
Jun 25, 2012 | 2003 Cadillac Deville
Jul 29, 2011 | 2006 Cadillac DTS
Jul 13, 2010 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Jun 01, 2010 | 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Apr 07, 2010 | 2003 Saturn VUE
Mar 24, 2009 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: