Question about Chevrolet Tahoe
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Locked out of 2007 Vette
If you have the extra FOB key's you can always jack up the car and charge the battery up from the starter cables. Just make sure you connect the jumper to the main wire to the starter and not the starter solenoid. The ground is anywhere on the body. Good luck and hope this helps.
The other thing too is to try cleaning out the cylinder with WD40 or cylinder lock spry lubricant to free up the lock if it's seized with dirt.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
SOURCE: The rear power lift gate
You most likely have a failed switch in the rear gate jamb. This switch tells the system that the gate is closed and if the system thinks that the door is already open, it will not open it again.
Have the Body Control Module (BCM) scanned for codes and live data with a scan tool capable of accessing this information. This will tell you if the switch is operational by manually operating switch while monitoring the switch state with the scan tool.
Any shop with a decent scan tool should be able to do this. Nissan dealerships use Consult-II and now Consult-III scanners and have access to stuff the aftermarket guys don't get, but this should be accessible by nearly any higher end scanner like a Snap On Ethos, Solus, or Modis.
Hope this is helpful!
Nissan Scope Technician- 10+ years experience in Nissan dealership.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 27, 2009
I just want to know if there is any manual to disarm the lift gate and check for the problem. Currently my door is lock and cant open, how you force it to open?
Posted on Dec 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2017 | 2009 Jeep Patriot
Sep 28, 2016 | 2008 Chevrolet Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Mar 30, 2016 | 2008 Chevrolet Chevrolet Avalanche 1500...
Mar 18, 2016 | 2007 Chevrolet Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Jan 16, 2016 | 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
Apr 18, 2013 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jan 23, 2013 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
Aug 15, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!