Question about 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
The master control switch
for All windows is located at driver side.
The control circuit provides a reversible motor--and usually a relay--plus a fuse or breaker for each window circuit, in addition to the general relay and circuit breaker or fuse. This setup allows other windows to operate even when electrical or mechanical problems disable one of the windows.
Try these possibilities to check out the fault.
1) Turn the ignition on but don't start the engine. Operate the windows from the master control switch. If none of the windows work, check the main fuse or breaker for the whole power window circuit.
2) Check the main circuit relay using a test light. If voltage is coming out of the relay, there is an open or short at the wire feeding power to the other switches. If no voltage is coming out of the relay, use the test light to make sure voltage is reaching the relay. If voltage is reaching the relay, replace it. If there is no voltage reaching the relay, there is an open or short at the wire between the relay and the main fuse.
3) Check the circuit fuse or breaker at the inoperative window. If the fuse or breaker is okay, go to the next step. If you can hear a humming sound as you press the switch but the window does not operate, either the motor is bad or its gearbox may have broken teeth.
4) Turn the ignition on but don’t start the engine. Using a multimeter, check the master control lockout switch for continuity. If there is no continuity, replace the lockout switch.
5) Detach the window from the regulator and inspect the regulator mechanism by moving the window up and down by hand. Make sure nothing restrains the mechanism. Also, inspect the motor gearbox. Replace any parts as necessary.
Also for radio not working the fuses in fuse box under dash needs to be checked.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 03, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2013 | 1987 GMC Jimmy
Apr 05, 2012 | 2006 Dodge Stratus
Oct 03, 2011 | 1999 Toyota Corolla
Jul 19, 2011 | 2006 Ford Fusion
Jun 14, 2011 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Jun 09, 2010 | 2006 Ford F-150
May 04, 2010 | 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Jul 27, 2017 | 1998 Cadillac Seville
Dec 21, 2008 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oct 04, 2014 | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: