Question about 1998 Volkswagen Golf
I need to remove the rear door panel so I can get to the window mech
The door panel is heald on with push in clips and are removed with a trim tool that can be aquired at any good auto prts store or tool dealer. The window crank can be removed with a windondow crank tool or you canmake a very shallow hook in the end of a coat hanger and hook th clip beteem the panel and the handle and pull the clip out ( if you lose it they can be bought as an assortment at an auto parts store) The pull shut handle has a screw at each end under a plug cover that can be removed with a small screw driver. In the center of the bottom going thought the storeage tray theres a screw there and behind the trim cover that is behind the door opening handle then the rest of the panel just pops off. You may have a light bulb theat needs to be removed and if it has power windows the electrical connector can be unplugged or the switch can be poped out and then turned sideways and pushed back thought the hole theat it was in. Now the panel should be off and theres a plastic wrap thats glugged on the needs pealled off the get to the window mech. If it's been repaired before there can be other screws thoght the panel just anywhere to fix the panel so it will stay on as the panels sometin=mes break as there removed. as you may have to drill and add screws as you reassambler the door to get the panel back on. If you have never worked on doors before is best to have someone with you that has even if they haven't done a VW as they know what not to do and oncew the panel is off theres lotts of sharp places, and the window is heavey enough to fall down as it's removed to pust you into the sharp edges and the resulting injury.
Posted on Jul 03, 2010
Hi! Please click on the link to guide you on how to remove the door panel. Hope this helps and have a good one! Please click here http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/b5/body/doorm1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/multi/DoorModuleRemoval.htm&usg=__a3Acx9WGNGQ8IQ523je4esrmWrs=&h=607&w=846&sz=61&hl=tl&start=10&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=enhAmjLQRlZPZM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=145&prev=/images%3Fq%3D1998%2Bvolkswagen%2Bgolf%2Bdoor%2Btrim%2Bremoval%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dtl%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1R2ADBF_en%26tbs%3Disch:11
Posted on Jul 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2017 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2012 | 1998 Ford Taurus
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
May 22, 2011 | 2001 Jaguar S-Type
Jun 14, 2009 | 2002 Ford Expedition
Apr 11, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
Apr 09, 2009 | 2000 Ford Taurus
Feb 03, 2009 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Dec 27, 2008 | 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis
Jul 06, 2008 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: