Question about 2000 Ford F150 Flareside SuperCab
You have either a vacuum leak (hoses - gaskets) or your MAF needs a
P0174 OBD-II Trouble Code - System Too Lean (Bank 2)
What does that mean?
Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 2 detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 2 is generally the side of the engine that doesn't have cylinder #1.
Note: This DTC is very similar to P0171, and in fact your vehicle may show both codes at the same time.
You will more than likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a lack of power, detonation (spark knock), and/or a hesitation/surge on acceleration.
A code P0174 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters can cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
* There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor.
Possible Solutions include:
* In the vast majority of cases, simply cleaning the MAF sensor does the trick. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling
* Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary
* Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure
Posted on Jun 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2015 | 2000 Ford Explorer
Aug 03, 2013 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Jan 13, 2012 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Aug 06, 2011 | 2000 Ford Windstar
Dec 21, 2010 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Sep 30, 2010 | 2002 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Sep 26, 2010 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Feb 05, 2010 | 1998 Ford Taurus
Nov 05, 2009 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Oct 19, 2009 | 1999 Ford Windstar
319 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: