Question about Subaru Legacy
According to the manual for a EJ25:
| C A F |
| E B D |
1) Install the cylinder head and gaskets on cylinder block.
• Replace cylinder head gaskets with new ones.
• Be careful not to scratch the mating surface of cylinder block and cylinder head.
2) Tighten the cylinder head bolts.
(1) Apply a coat of engine oil to the washers and bolt threads.
(2) Tighten all bolts to 29 N·m (3.0 kgf-m, 22 ftlb) in alphabetical sequence.
(3) Tighten all bolts to 69 N·m (7.0 kgf-m, 51 ftlb) in alphabetical sequence.
(4) Back off all bolts in reverse order of assembly by 180° first; back them off by 180° again.
(5) Tighten bolts A and B to 34 Nm and bolts C-D to 15 Nm
(6) Tighten all bolts by 90°
(7) Tighten all bolts a further 90°
Do not tighten bolts more than 90° in total angle
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2010 | Subaru Legacy Cars & Trucks
Feb 10, 2010 | 1997 Subaru Legacy
Aug 05, 2009 | 1995 Subaru Legacy
Jul 01, 2009 | Subaru Legacy Cars & Trucks
Apr 24, 2009 | 1995 Subaru Legacy
Jan 03, 2009 | 1996 Subaru Legacy
Jul 23, 2008 | 1998 Subaru Legacy
Jul 14, 2018 | Subaru Cars & Trucks
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: