Question about Subaru Legacy
According to the manual for a EJ25:
| C A F |
| E B D |
1) Install the cylinder head and gaskets on cylinder block.
• Replace cylinder head gaskets with new ones.
• Be careful not to scratch the mating surface of cylinder block and cylinder head.
2) Tighten the cylinder head bolts.
(1) Apply a coat of engine oil to the washers and bolt threads.
(2) Tighten all bolts to 29 N·m (3.0 kgf-m, 22 ftlb) in alphabetical sequence.
(3) Tighten all bolts to 69 N·m (7.0 kgf-m, 51 ftlb) in alphabetical sequence.
(4) Back off all bolts in reverse order of assembly by 180° first; back them off by 180° again.
(5) Tighten bolts A and B to 34 Nm and bolts C-D to 15 Nm
(6) Tighten all bolts by 90°
(7) Tighten all bolts a further 90°
Do not tighten bolts more than 90° in total angle
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2010 | Subaru Legacy Cars & Trucks
Feb 10, 2010 | 1997 Subaru Legacy
Aug 05, 2009 | 1995 Subaru Legacy
Jul 01, 2009 | Subaru Legacy Cars & Trucks
May 01, 2009 | 1991 Subaru Legacy
Apr 24, 2009 | 1995 Subaru Legacy
Jan 03, 2009 | 1996 Subaru Legacy
Jul 23, 2008 | 1998 Subaru Legacy
Sep 08, 2017 | Subaru Cars & Trucks
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: