Question about 1997 Dodge Dakota
Try the dist. cap and rotor
button; very common for distributor
shaft play to wipe out the pickup in the dist, causing engine to die
with no warning and not restart.
Here another checking list:
1. Check fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the driver side fuel rail toward the firewall. The valve looks like the valve stem on a tire with a cap. Fuel pressure should be a minimum of 35 psi, I believe.
2. The fact that your truck just up and died would leave me to believe that the loss of crank position sensor or camshaft position sensor (fuel sync) input to the ECU could be the cause.
3. Perform the check for error codes, turn the key on, off, on, off and the on and check to see if the check engine light flashes 2 series of numbers, you will have to count the flashes, may be more than one code.
4. Another possibility could be a defective ignition coil, I would think that this would have given a check engine light.
5. One more possibility, inside the wire harness below the under-hood fues box about 8 to 10 inches down in the wiring harness is a connection where 4 or 5 wires are connected together. This connection can build up corrision that greenish in color, it can cause a loss of voltage to ignition and fuel system. You will have to untape connections to check for the corrision. Make sure battery connections are removed before checking this.
Posted on Jun 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2012 | 1994 Chevrolet Suburban
Jun 15, 2011 | 1993 Toyota Pickup
Jan 09, 2011 | 1994 Chevrolet C1500
Jun 05, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Dakota
Apr 29, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Feb 21, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Jun 12, 2009 | 2001 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
Feb 27, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Wrangler
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: