Question about 1994 Dodge Ram 2500

1 Answer

What is the black canister located on the frame where the fuel filter is usually located? i believe it has vacume lines running to it from the gas tank

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,596 Answers


Posted on Jun 05, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

2003 pontiac sunfire 2-2lL ecotec 4 cyl engine where is the fuel filter located???

Generally, the fuel filter is located anywhere along the supply fuel line, and is usually threaded or clipped onto the line. On that car I believe it is close to the gas tank, behind the charcoal canister (it's a black plastic container). Move the canister out of the way for easier access. Hope this helps.

Sep 21, 2011 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

1 Answer


The fuel filter is located on the frame rail next to the gas tank. It is a round canister that has two lines going into it. One at the front of the canister that takes cleaned gas to the engine and one in the rear of the filter, bringing gas from the fuel tank.

Nov 15, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 Answers

Where is the fuel filter on a 2000 ford expedition

The fuel filter i typically located on the drivers side mounted on the underside frame of the vehicle. this will look like a canister with a metal fuel line running from it on both ends. the canister is usually black or gray and has one line coming from the back of the vehicle from the fuel tank running to the canister and another line in front of it running to the front of the vehicle. be careful when removing this from the vehicle because the will be some pressure built up in the lines so there will be some spray of fuel when first taken loose and off.
if you need further help with this issue please advise and i would certainly be glad to help you further.

Jun 08, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition

2 Answers

Fuel filter location on 2005 gmc pickup

Should be on the right side rear frame rail

Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at

Sep 15, 2009 | 2004 GMC Sierra

2 Answers

Location of fuel filter

The fuel filter is located under the body,at the drivers door, on the frame. It looks like a round silver(or black depending on manufacturer) canister with lines coming in from both ends.
It has snap connectors for the lines. To disconnect the lines, you must squeeze the connectors with small pliers (Ford has a tool for this) while pulling the lines out.
Be VERY careful because the fuel will pour out when the lines come off.
Release the filter bracket (5/16ths nut-driver) to remove the filter.
Replace the new filter into the bracket - make sure the 'flow' arrow is pointing forward
Push the lines in until you hear a click and you're finished

Apr 09, 2009 | 2001 Ford Windstar

1 Answer


It is located underneath the vehicle on the driver's side on the inside of the frame. You should see the fuel lines running along the inside of the frame leading up to it and then from the other side of the filter to the engine. It will look like a small metal canister. I believe you have to have a special tool to disconnect from the fuel lines (you can get it at Autozone etc for a couple of bucks)

Sep 29, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

1 Answer

I have a 1989 Bronco that is leaking gas from a black and gray canister located between the fuel pump and the frame. It's on the drivers side. What is this part called and where can I find it?

This was used as a Gas Line filter at one time.I was told that the filters are no longer being manufactured and most commmonly the canister is being used as a sedement bowl.I was unable to find an o ring at the time,and sealed the unit with a high grade silicone gasket sealer

Jul 28, 2008 | 1988 Ford Bronco

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

80417 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides